Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

beckfire gone crazy!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beckfire gone crazy!!!!!!

alright guys i got a huge brain buster and cant seem to figure out the problem

i have a 99 trans am i recently put a head and cam package on it i drove about 50 miles on it like it was. one day about 3 days before the scheduled tune i decided i would put new injectors on because the manufacturer of the injectors told me it would run with them on.
i put the injectors on turned the motor over and it would not start i checked to see if anything was unpluged and came up with nothing so my father and i kept rolling it over and nuthin would happen so i took them off put the stock ones on and tried to roll it over agin. nuthin happened so i took out all the spark plugs and cleaned them off put them back on and tried once more to start the car. this time i got more than i expected. i turned the key and i heard pow , pow, pow, pow the engine was backfireing so i left it alone.
later on that day i checked the spark plugs agin and one was cracked so i replaced and tried one more time and boom the intake had blown up.
smoke and intake everywhere.
i realized wut had happened immediatly so i drained the oil and took the heads off to check for any damadge. there was nothing wrong.
so i put them back on and tried agin but the car would still not start.
2day i removed the timming cover the chain was fine and everything was lined up great.
i have no clue why it is doin wut its doin.
if anyone has any tips i would greatly appretiate it.

i also figured out that a coil pack had gone bad and replaced it.
and when i am rolling the car over i hear loud poofs through the exhaust anlong with a backfire every few seconds.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

from what you're explaining it sounds like a timing problem. even though you say you have the dots lined up that really sounds like the valve timing is off... did you check ls1howto.com and look at how the dots are lined up on there? if not did you check your pushrod length when you swapped heads and cam?
Old 03-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Check the injector harness to make sure you didn't put it on backwards. I know it sounds stupid but you are describing what happened to my car too. Just a thought.