Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Called a few places and noone can get me the rod bearings I need??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Called a few places and noone can get me the rod bearings I need??

I had my crank turned by the machine shop and he told me how much he turned it. He said he would have my motor done this weekend if I just get the bearings. So I thought no problem, or atleast I thought. My crank was turned .0010 on the main side and .0030 on the rod side.

So once i figured that out last weekend I told him I would call monday to get them ordered so I could get my motor done this weekend. So 1st I give SDPC a call. They have the Mains but dont have the rods .. So i thought hey i'll give TSP a call. They have the Mains but dont have the rods .. So Jon told me he would call around and give me a call if he found something out.. He never called me so me being anxious to have my motor done .. I call TSP again the next day hoping ole trusty Jon, whose helped me out a few times found some for me.. Nope still no luck ..

Still never heard back from anybody so I was just wondering.. Do any of you guys keep bearings like that in stock. I didn't think it would be a problem but now my motor definitely wont be done this weekend which blows but I have to get my tranny rebuilt anyways.

Any help from the sponsors on here, I need some bearings..
Old 04-18-2008, 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I need this info too cause the block/crank I got for my build had a spun bearing & I'm getting the crank ground when it goes into the shop. Not sure how much it will be turned yet, but I'm sure I'll be looking for lightly different bearings on my build also.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well just found out that a .0030 turned crank on the rod side is the exact same as a SBC350 stock rod bearing.. Pretty cool ..

Thanks to Jon@TSP for helping me out
Old 04-18-2008, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,I see your from birmingham.Who is building your motor?I've got one I need built...LMK Scott