Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another rebuild question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another rebuild question...

OK, I talked to TSP yesterday and got a quote from them for some -2cc flat top forged diamond pistons, eagle forged h beam rods, rings, clevite rod bearings, clevite main bearings and camshaft bearings. I'm very happy with the quote but I need to know whether or not this is something that the machine shop that is boring my engine should install or if I can do it myself.

I've talked to a couple friends and they said I have to worry about things like crank wear on the new bearings and have to adjust for that etc. Is this true? Or can I just get the crank balanced and polished, have the engine bored and then just replace all the stock stuff myself? I would really like to keep the rebuild costs down as much as possible.

thanks again!
Old 05-24-2008, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm dealing with the same thing bro. I really want to keep the rebuild costs down as well. But, I'm finding that what the machine shops charge to assemble the motor isn't very expensive. And most reputable machine shops are pretty well capable of the reassembly. And most will warrantee the work if they do the reassembly.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ttt...