Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

in need of help

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default in need of help

i just put heads on my transam.3weeks ago. it had new gmmp head gaskets and arp bolts. i also put on a mezere ewp. i drove the car for about 3 days no problems. i changed my oil went to go get car dyno tuned. on the 3rd pass on the dyno my car blew the radiator over flow cap off and pushed almost all my antifreeze out. we filled it up with new stuff and water. all has been good for about 2 weeks(about 200 miles city and highway) the other day while getting on the expressway on ramp (about 5500rpm 2nd gear) it shot the over flow cap off agian and shot out antifreeze. i changed the oil last night. no antifreeze in the oil. no smoke out of exhaust. any ideas???i an lost!!! even with a 160degree theromast my temp gague sitts about 210degree... what can my problem be?????
Old 05-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think i got some help but i am open if any one has any ideas
Old 05-26-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the 210* at the gauge in the car is kind of the nature of them even with the fan temps reset in the pcm.
they will air lock so make sure it has burped and is truely full.
check the cap w\a pressure tester none availible? buy new.
another possibility is a radiator not flowing enough at high rpms with the new elec w\p.
water comes into the w\p at the thermostat and out at the upper hose if the radiator is not up to snuff it could create enough pressure to lift a good pressure cap.
hope this helps. just some ideas before you get pissed and rip the heads back off.