Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

major problems with 408 build

Old 06-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default major problems with 408 build

i started my 408 for the first time today on open headers as well, and i am haveing some major problems. the car runs great when it was first cranked but after about 5 minutes would not idle and ran like pure crap. every check engine light is on also. i need some help in figuring out what is wrong with this car,.

i have a tsp 408 with heads, giant cam. tuned computer, new slp maf. new sensors o2 and cam. car has great oil pressure. and the car runs awefull

this is the way the car ran for a week, when it blew up last year with just the heads and cam.

only thing that is not new is the throttle body, coils, fuel pump, crank sensor and general wiring between systems.

please help.

mike
Old 06-08-2008, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

If it runs good right off then goes down hill from there it sounds like tuning/ sensor related.. If you certain the tune is good try first by replacing the crank sensor.. also the service light is on so get ahold of a scanner and see what codes are tripping. Its most likely a tripped sensor thats screwing everything up. I had the same problem when i put my forged 347 together with heads and a big cam.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ProjectDuStU
If it runs good right off then goes down hill from there it sounds like tuning/ sensor related.. If you certain the tune is good try first by replacing the crank sensor.. also the service light is on so get ahold of a scanner and see what codes are tripping. Its most likely a tripped sensor thats screwing everything up. I had the same problem when i put my forged 347 together with heads and a big cam.

thanx!! i will try that as well... do you think it would be worth to get new coils or fuel pump??? or do you think it is ONLY tuning sensor related?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since your (Service engine soon) in on I think its the 1st thing you should do is tune the car.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by venom ws7
Since your (Service engine soon) in on I think its the 1st thing you should do is tune the car.

i had the computer tuned by tsp
Old 06-08-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pull the codes. Also, all the grounds good?
Old 06-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DaddySS
pull the codes. Also, all the grounds good?

yeah, ill have to just pull the codes, and report back
Old 06-09-2008, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dazman
thanx!! i will try that as well... do you think it would be worth to get new coils or fuel pump??? or do you think it is ONLY tuning sensor related?
Well with the SES light on and a big cam in there thats never a good combo.

Search this Thread