Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some direction for C5 engine mods?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some direction for C5 engine mods?

I've done searches about this for the last couple of days and to make a long story short i can't find the exact idea i'm looking for.

I've got a 02 C5 6spd that has a Donaldson Blackwing intake & Granatelli MAS, Full length headers, crossover tube & Corsa mufflers etc. Supposively the computer has been reworked. Other than that its stock.

This car is just a fun car that will be drove here and there on weekends & Friday nights at local dragstrip & sometimes longer trips (300miles) once or twice a year. Anyway i'd like to get the TSP 233/239 cam with 112lsa, springs, oil pump etc. but i'm not sure if that be the best cam or best money spent now? i do have a NOS brand wet kit i could put on it but i'd like to have the engine run/sound better before i do that route. I thought of the MSD coils/plugs/wires route from Jegs but thats alot of coin just to throw at something that has had issues in the past and may not improve performance. Basically i want to start buying/installing stuff thats going to give me the most bang for my buck type thing.

Anyway i'd just like to get started in the "modding" of my C5 engine or driveline and obviously only want to spend the money once rather than experimenting myself when you guys have done the homework already. Thanks for the help!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do not spend money on coils. A cam is always a good idea, it has to be selected based on your goals and what you want to do to the car. Headers and exhaust with a cam and you will have some fun for the money. Then go from there.