Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANOTHER new problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 02:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ANOTHER new problem

When I run the car there is a clicking in the back drivers side of the motor. It doesn't sound like rod knocking or anything like that, but you can definately hear that it is in the engine or atleast in the valve covers. It is holding really good oil pressure and no loss in power at all. The day that it started doing it I ran it up to 6,000 rpm a couple of times. Just kinda opening her up a little. Do you think that I could of just bent a pushrod or could it be something really serious? If anybody by any chance have a soundclip of a bent pushrod to have a reference point of some type that would be excellent. Thanks for any and all help

Matt
Old 06-24-2008, 04:49 AM
TECH Regular

Sound something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vIg3OFL19A
Old 06-24-2008, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

I clicked on the link and it said that the video was no longer availiable. From reading the comments it doesn't sound to great though. Thanks, any more opinions and help?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02WS6_TA
I clicked on the link and it said that the video was no longer availiable. From reading the comments it doesn't sound to great though. Thanks, any more opinions and help?
you using internet explorer aren't you? mine was doing that... i switched over to firefox and that fixed the video problems...

on a side note... I doubt that the video is what you have

from what it sounds like you are explaining it could be anything in the valve train... hopefully it's just a pushrod, but it could be a spring, a rocker arm etc...

It very well also might be a lifter...

only way to tell for sure is to pull your valve covers and check one thing at a time...