Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

high milage RPM drop?? (long post)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation high milage RPM drop?? (long post)

my car has a little over 115k on the odo and after the car is warmed up at idle in gear or not it wants to drop the RPMs lower than what i think they should be. when i bought the car it ran fine except for the MAF was dirty and the guy thought there was something wrong with it cleaned it up and took it to a performance shop and had the headers y-pipe and cold air installed and the thing ran fine (pretty hard for just those mods). the gu(my cousin) said that the only thing he had done to it was a slight tranny program with ls1 edit which i have. every so often (randomly 2 times a day to nothing for a week) when i drive it i feel this shudder that i do not like also when i take off now from a start through a turn or stand still it shudders. my guess is this is the tranny that is shuddering cause i have romped on the car pretty good lately and i think it cant handle the program and little mods on a stock tranny with so many miles. the RPM problem i am clueless would the tranny be causing this as well? my car is leaking oil from every gasket i can see and its not much but definatly dirty i have in the near future plans to pull it apart and change a few things so any ideas on this problem would help me alot.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

after i got home i took a second look at my post and i noticed that i wasent very clear i know the RPMs will drop after the engine warms up but they drop more than normal.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

nobody knows the answer to this???