Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil bypass problem...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Oil bypass problem...

Just got done my H/C swap and went to torque my oil bypass which are the 2 10mm bolts just above the oil filter. One of them is fine, but one is completely stripped out. I've been contemplating what to do about it because I DO NOT want to remove the driver's side header. I put in poly motor mounts a while ago and had a hell of a time with them and have to unbolt it to get the header out. I have only thought of 3 options that I can think of:

1) Try and do it the proper way and helocoil it, but dont think I can get that done with the header in place.

2) Get a bolt just a bit bigger and drive it in place as safely as possible, lol.

3) Get it welded possibly and not worry about it.

I do plan on getting a new set of headers in the near future but am sawzawing the drivers side header off to make things easier and don't plan on removing the oil bypass again. Kinda makes me angry because I'm not the one that did it. If you have a friend help you out, make sure he doesn't have gorilla strength and uses it on a bolt such as this But if anyone could give me some recommendations i would greatly appeciate it. I do plan on a new block in the near future and am not worried about replacing the bypass. thanks guys.
Mike
Old 07-09-2008, 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Option 1.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personally i would just helicoil it...there should be a fair amount of space there on a fbody