Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most reliable Stock ls1/motor/mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most reliable Stock ls1/motor/mods

yeah, i'm new to the lsx engines. i just read the FAQ section a bit, but still a bit lost hehe.... well, what i want to do with my ls1 is basically have it as RELIABLE as stock as possible and NA.

so, i saw that the ls1 and ls6 motors the main difference is the cam and intake manifold design.

so, basically if i get those two things my ls1 will basically become an ls6?

also, should i get the stock valvetrain from the ls7? since i've heard that it's more robust then the other ones. i don't really plan to track my car or rev it to the moon all day. just a fun daily driver to swap into my 240sx, and the ability to pass emissions and run as smooth as butter all day.

also, is there a guide for the casting numbers for the engine blocks so i can determine what series of numbers is ls1, ls6, ls2 etc....

thanks for the help guys
Old 07-12-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LS6 block has different webbing for strength, different pistons and rod bolts, different cam, different pushrods, different heads, different intake, different lifter valley and pcv system and i think differen injectors. Other than that they are the same. Get the casting number off of the heads (on corner of cylinder head) and casting number off of the block. With both you can usually determine the engine make and year.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ohhhh, yeah awesome thanks. but is there a place that tells you what numbers like 1000-2000 = camaro or something like that you know. even if i get the casting numbers i don't really know what it means. so, what im asking is there a website or thread that tells you what numbers mean what.

thanks
Old 07-12-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah this site lol. Get your casting number and put it into the search on this forum. It will bring up every thread with those numbers. I have a few threads with numbers floating around. Not really a list as far as i know. Get a set of TSP or patriot 5.3L heads, and a 224 is cam. It'll still be tame but make 420rwhp or so.

Quick Reply: Most reliable Stock ls1/motor/mods