Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First impressions of new setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default First impressions of new setup

Well I just actually got this thing back out on the road early this week (Mods in sig) and have actually gotten to be abusive with it the last few days and all I have to say is wow. I went from a mild bolt on car to what I have now. I also went forged internals so I can spray 200-300 later down the road. I almost can't imagine a 300 shot on top of what I've got now. I'm sure this feeling will fade in a few weeks and I'll think the thing is slow again but for now.... wow.

The heads/cam combo from TSP is simply amazing. It's pretty bad down low though. It bucks, it backfires sometimes and it's very, very sluggish....but, that's what I've got the 4000 stall for. When that pedal goes to the floor this thing flies. I've only got about 35 miles on the new motor and it seems to be getting stronger every time I get on it, more than likely due to the rings seating and engine just generally breaking in. But it's great. It pulls extremely hard once I get past 4500 and doesn't stop even after it shifts (Thanks to Performabuilt for the trans and stall). It just pulls and pulls and doesn't stop. I've only run it up to about 90 but I'm impressed thus far. For those of you looking into the MS4/PRC 2.5 59cc combo, it's HIGHLY recommended.

Anyways, I just wanted to give a brief synopsis of my impressions maybe to help someone out who's looking into a H/C setup. Now it's time for the 300 shot
Old 07-25-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. Congrats on the new setup.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

So you still have the LS1 block, but with forged internals?

So you now have forged pistons, conn. rods and what else?

(Trying to figure out which internals to upgrade in order to safely spray a big shot)
Old 07-26-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
So you still have the LS1 block, but with forged internals?

So you now have forged pistons, conn. rods and what else?

(Trying to figure out which internals to upgrade in order to safely spray a big shot)
Yes, stock block bored out to 3.905. Diamond pistons and Eagle rods. Stock crank. The stock crank has been shown to hold about 1000hp so that's not really necessary.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Staging Lane

Default Same Set Up

I should be getting my block and crank from the machine shop this week. i have the exact same set up as you do. i ordered my heads from TSP this week and had them milled down to 59cc. i went with the TSP 233/239 112 LSA camshaft. i am glad you like you setup. everything that i have researched showed these were the better heads because the ls6 combustion chambers are prone to detonate when shooting nitrous, plus with the 5.3l heads they have smaller intake runners which make them give you a little more throttle response. this is exactly why i went with these. What Cam are you running? Good luck with the car.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

He's running the MS4. Drew, when you bring the beast up to play? Need to hit the track soon. My times running out.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ICRAZY6
He's running the MS4. Drew, when you bring the beast up to play? Need to hit the track soon. My times running out.
I'm moving home the second week in August. When you leaving again?

By the way, the valvetrain seems to have quieted down considerably... not sure what's up there, but I guess I shouldn't complain. I do, however, have to buy a new O2. Keep getting a check engine light with a Bank 2 Ho2s slow response... it's always something with this thing man lol.