Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the car re- dynoed today..semi pleased actually :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Got the car re- dynoed today..semi pleased actually :)

Ok this is a battle between two cam's...I have the 1st dyno wich is the 224/230 .568"/.573" 114 lsa XE lobes..mods are in sig for the rest of em...this dyno peaked at 376 RWHP and 367 RWT with the converter locked thru an slp loudmouth and slp longtubes the air fuel on this run was 13.0 across the board..since then I added a 3" true dual x-pipe and the TSP 228/228 .588"/.588" 112 XE-R Lobes cam...Today we could not get the converter to lock AT ALL..my trans slips so badly it is discusting...anyways today it put down 371RWHP and 376RWT semi locked lol...it would slip out of lock up at around 4200 rpm so i will call this run unlocked..anyways the air fuel on this run was 11.4:1 so it's pretty rich..so I know I picked up some power with the new cam...just need to put the ls6 intake on it..new trans and lean the **** out of it...but all in all im happy knowing there is more in her :: anyone think it's possible to hit 400rwhp in my a4 if i tweak the A/F from 11.4:1 to 13.0 and then add an ls6 intake?..oh and the new tranny of course lol..I had a good time today hehe it was fun...Later,

Carter
Old 08-26-2003, 05:14 PM
10 Second Club

Default Re: Got the car re- dynoed today..semi pleased actually :)

That tranny could be eating up alot of HP . You might be closer than you think. I would say with the new tranny and intake you should be right there. Our combos are fairly close so 400 rwhp should not be a problem.
Good luck and keep us updated.

Jeremy
Old 08-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Something is eating up horsepower. The #'s do not look right..
Old 08-26-2003, 07:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems like I have a problem somewhere. Not making that much torque with the LS6 intake, pulley and having a M6. Looks like I will be spending Xmas vacation this year tearing into the engine again.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:11 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah I agree something is eating up power vince...it's the trans for sure lol..today I couldnt even find 3rd gear new tranny time I guess..

Hey Keith..how much power did you gain from tweaking the A/F? 11.4:1 back up to 13.0:1 should get me about 10 rwhp right? damnit now i gotta drop about 4 grand on a tranny and converter stupid 4L60's! lol...anyway's, Keith man hope everything works out for you bro...your car deffinatly has the right goodies in her...just something aint workin in conjunction i guess..anyways keep me up dated

OffAxis: Thank's for the kind word's of encouragment

Carter
Old 08-27-2003, 07:35 AM
10 Second Club

Just a thought....check the TPS...after doing H/C swap on mine once, the TB blade wasn't opening all the way(86%). Re-adjusted the throttle cable and picked up 22 rwhp.

...and yes there is power being left behind @ 11.4:1, get it to 12.8:1 - 13.0:1 and you'll see a gain. Good luck
Old 08-27-2003, 10:16 AM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would tend to agree that something is amiss. When you dynoed your car the first time something just didnt sound right. I would get your tranny rebuilt, new shift kit, new converter. I hope all works out well!
Phillip
Old 08-27-2003, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

Thank's guy's,
Well tranny time is deffinatly here lol..I walked outside this morning and there is a pretty large puddle of tranny fluid under the car and sprayed all over the X pipe..gunna check it out in a little bit..it's probably the pan gasket or the tailshaft seal...but either way it isnt good...anybody reccomend a long lasting 4l60-e?...was thinking about the speed inc stage 3 extreme with a yank 4200...any insight would be sweet...thank's,

Carter
Old 08-27-2003, 08:27 PM
FormerVendor

I picked up 14RWHP from playing with the PE tables.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:05 PM
Launching!

Thank's guy's,
Well tranny time is deffinatly here lol..I walked outside this morning and there is a pretty large puddle of tranny fluid under the car and sprayed all over the X pipe..gunna check it out in a little bit..it's probably the pan gasket or the tailshaft seal...but either way it isnt good...anybody reccomend a long lasting 4l60-e?...was thinking about the speed inc stage 3 extreme with a yank 4200...any insight would be sweet...thank's,

Carter
Just fixed the same tranny fluid spraying problem myself! What's happening is that it's leaking and the driveshaft is slinging it uder your car, most likely. For me it was a broken tailshaft and seal. I actually ended up replacing the entire rear end of the tranny cuz when the tailshaft cracked it kinda chewed up some stuff around it. Good luck finding a good 4L60-E. May want to consider an R4 before putting money down to rebuild yours. I wish I had...
Old 08-27-2003, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

LOL yep...crawled under the car and sure enough i cracked the trans in half well the tailshaft anyways lol...gotta get the BMR tourqe arm and move the arm off of the tailshaft..sprayin a 200 shot off the line doesnt really tend to mix well with the tailshaft oh does anyone have that BMR extreme toruqe arm with an x-pipe? it looks like it wont clear the x pipe at all...but i will make it fit somehow lol..anyways im getting the stage 2 speed inc trans because im pretty broke and cant afford the stage 3...should be all back together with the ls6 intake and full dyno tune along with the new trans and see what happens! Thank's for the help guy's

Carter