Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Take off issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Take off issue

My car is having major problems taking off. If I'm at a stop light and try to take off any faster than a snail, it seem like its flooding and will not do much for a second or two. If I'm on a hill at a light or sign it does the same thing, acts like its going to backfire but never does, if you floor it it gets worse so i just try to get out on the road before somebody behind me hits me. If its in neutral and I rev it, no problems, and it pulls great at anything above 2200 or so. Any ideas? i check for vacuum leaks, changed plugs, wires all looked good ( not very old, possibly 10,000 miles on them). I had a small leak where the headers meet the ory but i have that patched up now. No codes are being thrown. Its a 6 speed, F14 cam with this and that on it as well, nothing else major ever put on it, Nitrous SC, Turbos, nothing like that. I havnt been able to take it back the the gentleman that tuned it due to work schedule and the distance i have to drive it to do so. He said it might be the powerban of the cam, but i HIGHLY doubt that. I don't think he understands what its doing. Any ideas on what to look for?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Z had bad 02s and did that. Ran fine for a while then got progressively worse. Started fowling plugs FAST. It would rev fine in neutral, and would take off fine in upper rpms, but would pop and sputter from a stop/slow roll.