Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to Texas-Speed my car. H/C questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to Texas-Speed my car. H/C questions

I am about to buy a new LS1 car, and of course I am planning on mods right away. Not going to be my first cammed car, etc.

It will NOT be a DD, but I do want it "streetable" and do want to be able to hop on the interstate and drive a couple hours for car meets, etc. Also, it will be raced once in a while on the track.. and most importantly I want to play on the streets.

TSP seems like a great company to me so I have full intentions of purchasing everything from them. Everybody I know that has done anything through them is nothing but happy.. so word of mouth has spread to me

It is setup as a boltons/3200 vig stall car right now. Looking to run full weight (minus little things), and a little spray. Probably a 100-150 shot. It will stay stock short block for it's life, so I am looking for a setup to move with stock cubes.

So the questions are.. what would be the most friendly h/c setup for a stock cube, 3200 vig car? I can adjust the stall or gears accordingly to what will make the car happy. I am looking for low-rpm moving power, not something to spin in to the 7ks (stock short block.. remember?) Also, what cam is friendly for a little spray?

Also wanting to have a pcm tuned by them mail order. Just enough to get it out on the street for a while, and then next time I make a trip to texas it will get dyno'd to get a little more out of it.

I've had a CC306 cammed car before and it liked RPMs and ran great. I am new to the LS1 world though and just want to get pointed in the right direction. I am thinking a torquer or MS3/4 might like to spin too high for a stock short block, but I'm not sure? Thanks
Old 08-05-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would just call them and tell them the goals you have for the car. They are very helpful and happy to help you. I am sure they will chime in here pretty quick.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mchdg86
I would just call them and tell them the goals you have for the car. They are very helpful and happy to help you. I am sure they will chime in here pretty quick.
+1^^^ TSP with help you out I have bought all my mods form them and they are very helpfull.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:50 PM
11 Second Club

I planned on it but I didn't realize it was this late already.

I will also add that I dont give a **** about peak hp numbers. I am not going to drive the car on a dyno, so I don't want it to only look good on one. I'd be happy if it made 380rwhp but would outrun 450rwhp cars. "power under the curve" is what I want

And the car will probably spend it's life on Greg Welds (when they get a good revision) and Mickeys.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:56 PM
10 Second Club

Then yo might want to think about a rearend as well. The rearend in these cars are weak. If your planning on slicks I would get a 9" ASAP
Old 08-05-2008, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Just where in Kansas do you live? There are some dyno shops in KC that are pretty familiar with LS engines. BTW, I've got a bunch of stuff from TSP on it's way to KS. Good people there.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Frito, are you talkin MC Racing?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BREWS02WS6
Frito, are you talkin MC Racing?
Yeah. Everytime I go to their shop, they have an LS vette on the rollers Are they the best out there?? IDK
Old 08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

I am pretty familiar with the Fbody, I have owned a couple LTs and worked on plenty of them. Not if, WHEN the rear goes it will be replaced with a 9" or 12 bolt (probably 9"). WHEN the trans goes out, I will build it.

Yes, fbodies are POS from the factory and not setup for power.

Frito, I'm only about an hour and a half west of you (Hays)

Looks like you're in for a big change, lol. Stock LS1 to an AFR'd cammed/stalled LS6. LOL

Any more fast cars in your area?
Old 08-05-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

I have a torquer v.3 cam with patriot stage 2.5 ls1 heads and it has plenty of power in the lower rpm range. You don't have to spin it too high either it makes its peak at arround 6500. The 3200 converter youo have would probly work well with it also. I have 373 gears in the stock 10 bolt right now also. This set up makes for a pretty tuff street car.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TSP will sell you lots of parts. However, I'd race you heads up my Heads/Cam car vs your TSP H/C car PLUS your spray, AND I'll spot you out 2 cars. Good luck with your purchase
Old 08-05-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
TSP will sell you lots of parts. However, I'd race you heads up my Heads/Cam car vs your TSP H/C car PLUS your spray, AND I'll spot you out 2 cars. Good luck with your purchase
Ahahahaha....wow....I must've missed something.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rsodeputy61
Ahahahaha....wow....I must've missed something.
and I'd win easily..

build starts as soon as the first snowflake hits the ground. The heads going on are much better than anything TSP sells, and the cam is actually matched to the heads, but I digress.. you guys can all get back in your circle jerk and praise w/e the site is pushing this month!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Paint it Black just always bashes TSP. Just check out some of his other threads
Old 08-05-2008, 08:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PaintItBlack: If this site sucks so bad, and all the sponsors here are so terrible....why are you still here? If you're eager to race heads/cam heads up, let us know. Our "cheap" and poorly matched heads/cam that are the "flavor of the month" versus whatever over-priced fantastic combo you can put together. We can meet half way! Do we need to spot you so you don't cry about getting beat by a "shop car" too?

To the OP: Let us know when you're ready and we'll get you taken care of without breaking your bank. The results all over this forum speak for themselves both on the rollers and at the track, and we'd be happy to earn your business and help you put loud-mouths like PaintItBlack in their places

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Banned

I wouldn't call it bashing. I'm more like the Yin to their Yang. It's kind of funny to see it after actually learning outside of this site.. how there's this big fog over 90% of the people posting here with a big TSP logo on it lol.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:49 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Again, nobody makes you stay. Need the link to others just like you who hate any shop who moves decent volume quantities at affordable pricing? Feel free to just leave

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
PaintItBlack: If this site sucks so bad, and all the sponsors here are so terrible....why are you still here? If you're eager to race heads/cam heads up, let us know. Our "cheap" and poorly matched heads/cam that are the "flavor of the month" versus whatever over-priced fantastic combo you can put together. We can meet half way! Do we need to spot you so you don't cry about getting beat by a "shop car" too?
This site amuses me, that's why I am here. There is good information here, but I prefer to read Drag Racing results and time slips.. I guess you just see too much TSP in there I try to give people other options. I know this doesn't make me popular.

I'll keep you updated if you're interested in something around say.. LSX shootout 2009. If you put your off the shelf CNC'd heads and a cam you sell on your site together in a H/C combo, I'd be more than happy to line up and put it on video tape, of what a "Big Bad Shop Car" does vs something a guy threw together in his garage over the winter
Old 08-05-2008, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
This site amuses me, that's why I am here. There is good information here, but I prefer to read Drag Racing results and time slips.. I guess you just see too much TSP in there I try to give people other options. I know this doesn't make me popular.

I'll keep you updated if you're interested in something around say.. LSX shootout 2009. If you put your off the shelf CNC'd heads and a cam you sell on your site together in a H/C combo, I'd be more than happy to line up and put it on video tape, of what a "Big Bad Shop Car" does vs something a guy threw together in his garage over the winter

Is there real reason for the stick up ur ***?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

lol had fun here guys, Matt, tell Jason I'll see him over on Hardcore