Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rack n pinion leak?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rack n pinion leak?

changing my oil yesterday discoverd a leak at the rack n pinion what cause this?

Last edited by Blk_Ws6; 08-16-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Launching!

Wrong section to be posting this, might have better luck in the proper section. Anyhow, a while back I had the same problem and ordered a new unit from Autozone. Had it installed at a local garage. Get a call from them when they were done saying that it was the wrong unit and the car was barely drivable. Took it for a drive and they weren't lying. The garage got my stocker rebuilt for about 1/3 of the price, Autozone refunded my money for the wrong one, and I got to pay for the labor twice lol
Old 08-16-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dyls1
Wrong section to be posting this, might have better luck in the proper section. Anyhow, a while back I had the same problem and ordered a new unit from Autozone. Had it installed at a local garage. Get a call from them when they were done saying that it was the wrong unit and the car was barely drivable. Took it for a drive and they weren't lying. The garage got my stocker rebuilt for about 1/3 of the price, Autozone refunded my money for the wrong one, and I got to pay for the labor twice lol
So how much was the rack n pinion?
Old 08-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Launching!

The rebuilt stocker was around 120, was well over 300 for the special order unit. The guy at Autozone even came out to my car to get the VIN # because there were 3 different part numbers listed and they still couldn't figure out the right one