Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

383 what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 383 what to do?

ok im not sure if this is even the right place to post this ... but i have an 00 firbird formula with a pretty beat up ls1 i think it has somewhere around 160,xxx on the clock and i know its getting tired (but dont get me wrong she still kicks like a bull) but anyway im in the process of saving money to have the whole set up reworked. TTP gave me a price range of around 9 grand to have the engine bored out to 383 and have a cam and intake done. when there ready to do it i think i may go with new heads also. So now to get to the route of this question i would like to know what kind of cam and heads you think i should go with to put me somewhere around 450hp i will have headers and a new intake ... not quite sure which one. I am also just a kid, so im not exactyly loaded, just looking for some advice
Old 09-12-2008, 02:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$9,000? ****, for that kinda money just go to TSP or a sponsor and get a 408 and have yourself 500+rwhp
Old 09-12-2008, 03:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
$9,000? ****, for that kinda money just go to TSP or a sponsor and get a 408 and have yourself 500+rwhp
Thanks for the referral! We can definitely get you setup with a nice combo that will make that Bird fly again! Shoot me a PM or e-mail and I can get you a detailed quote on anything you need

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!