Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with a 408 build- Want to do it right

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need some help with a 408 build- Want to do it right

I've been doing a lot of searching on here and a lot of reading trying to pick the perfect combination for my 98 Trans Am. I need some help from you guys setting up the right combination though:

Here's my goals: I am wanting to go with a nitrous large cube setup. I am looking for a car that can run a solid 10 off spray and a solid 9 on the spray. I also would like it to remain streetable as it will be a track car/Weekend Warrior. From what I've read an Iron 408 is probably my best bet and LME quoted me $4500 for the shortblock. In the same price range (Slightly higher) I could look into a LS3 setup too. Kind of torn on which one to go with. I think the 408 is better for nitrous. 248/254 .611/.613 113LSA cam/TFS 225 heads/Fast 90/90 will also be used.

Trans I am looking at either a TH400 or Th350 RMVB. Rossler seems to be an awesome choice for trans. What would be the reasoning in going with a 350 rather than a 400. Would the 350 be able to handle the load?

As for the converter, Neil Chance seems to be the guy to go with.

Then we come to the rear end. I'm open to any suggestions you guys have here. I was just going to go through EPP and go with a Moser 9".

What else am I forgetting that I'm going to need to be looking at so that this build will be successful? I want it to be done correctly.

Thanks guys