Ground shaking Idle

Still streetable as I plan on driving the car quite abit

M6 car

Mods in sig

Everyone please chime in.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a polluter, they are putting out AMAZING numbers and you can get it at a pretty good price right now.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

what are the specs on it?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Launching!

24x/24x 61x/61x 112lsa
Old 09-19-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks really big. Kinda in the trex range I believe..
http://www.tick-performance.com/cata...dy/valvetrain/
Old 09-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MMMZ/28
Thinking about getting a TR230/224 111

I want a cam that has....

Great lower and midrange power while still being able to scream up top

Ground shaking Idle

Still streetable as I plan on driving the car quite abit

M6 car

Mods in sig

Everyone please chime in.
This cam doesn't sound to bad for what you are asking for, but the lsa should be wider to make better use of your rpm range and broaden out the torque curve since this is a DD not mainly a track car. Without gears a you will not be happy with a bigger cam or keep it very streetable. One question I have is do you have to deal with emissions? A tight lsa increases overlap which causes a lot of reversion in the intake and will not pass the siniffer, but this also depends upon where you live. Also what is the lift of this cam, might want to keep in mind piston to valve clearence if it is a high lift or if you want to up the rocker ratio.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

There is some good reading in here, but most of the cams are bigger than what you asked about.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/982895-ls1-camshaft-engine-dyno-comparision.html
Old 09-19-2008, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

No sniffer test or anything of that sort....I belive 24x would be too large,

also a tight lsa increases Tq doesnt it not the other way around.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

A tighter lsa will give you a narrow quick peak torque and a wide lsa will spead the torque out across a broad rpm range, which is what is preferred for the street.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

is the Tq peak low or high? cause the lower the better for me.

Also nothing has been sad on the reverse split side of things.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the TR230 and I believe it'll do everything you want. I'm very happy with mine. It has a very lopey idle, pulls hard through the midrange and topend, and works very well for a DD. I've never heard anyone who's had one say anything but great things about it. Many claim it's one of the best street cams available. Times in sig were partial tune, full weight and 3/4's tank of gas.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
I have the TR230 and I believe it'll do everything you want. I'm very happy with mine. It has a very lopey idle, pulls hard through the midrange and topend, and works very well for a DD. I've never heard anyone who's had one say anything but great things about it. Many claim it's one of the best street cams available. Times in sig were partial tune, full weight and 3/4's tank of gas.
there are two TR230 cams tho I belive a one is a reverse and one is not.

one is a 230/224 111
the other a 230/236 112
Old 09-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

The torque you end up with is only what the motor will output, meaning if you manage 380 lb/ft of tq it would be in a narrow window of the rpm range. Lobe separation is the number of degrees that separate the peak lift points of the cam’s intake and exhaust lobe. Like duration, lobe separation helps determine the cam’s rpm range. Generally, a cam with wider lobe separation (112-116 degrees) will make power over a wider rpm band. A cam with narrow lobe separation (under 112 degrees) is biased toward peak power and operates within a narrower rpm band.For the street, you want a cam with a fairly wide lobe separation for the best power production over the engine’s entire rpm range. Go too narrow with lobe separation and you may end up with an engine with a peaky powerband biased to high rpm horsepower—not the hot ticket for a street car.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by madmax_mfp
The torque you end up with is only what the motor will output, meaning if you manage 380 lb/ft of tq it would be in a narrow window of the rpm range. Lobe separation is the number of degrees that separate the peak lift points of the cam’s intake and exhaust lobe. Like duration, lobe separation helps determine the cam’s rpm range. Generally, a cam with wider lobe separation (112-116 degrees) will make power over a wider rpm band. A cam with narrow lobe separation (under 112 degrees) is biased toward peak power and operates within a narrower rpm band.For the street, you want a cam with a fairly wide lobe separation for the best power production over the engine’s entire rpm range. Go too narrow with lobe separation and you may end up with an engine with a peaky powerband biased to high rpm horsepower—not the hot ticket for a street car.
uhg reverse split should counter with more TQ down low with still high peak or am I wrong?
Old 09-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

The reverse split is really for motors with less then optimal intake side and better free flowing exhaust. (ie stock intake and heads with headers and free flowing exhaust) If you are planning or already have good heads and intake, forget the reverse. A cam swap is a good time for head swapping also.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Not to hijack the thread, but is there a way to get what I consider the best of both worlds? IE..This wide powerband and an idle that makes anyone you pull up beside at a redlight jaw drop.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

The reverse split is really for motors with less then optimal intake side and better free flowing exhaust. (ie stock intake and heads with headers and free flowing exhaust) If you are planning or already have good heads and intake, forget the reverse. A cam swap is a good time for head swapping also.
No heads for me.....dont plan on it either just a cammed street car.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

The reverse split is really for motors with less then optimal intake side and better free flowing exhaust. (ie stock intake and heads with headers and free flowing exhaust)
You have it right up to here

If you are planning or already have good heads and intake, forget the reverse. A cam swap is a good time for head swapping also.
Cannot be further fro the truth. Cam specs are not only .050 picture. You have to take into consideration lobes, other lifts, ICL and all the VEs to properly visualise what the cam can do. When you design a cam, you first have to decide on a power range to tailor your VEs.

TR230/224 is a good street cam for poeple not wanting to rev to the moon, 6300 rpm shifts. It has great VEs for cam only applications on stock headed motors.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

psst.

230/224 on a 109-1 xfi/xer

try it so i know what it'll do in an m6 car with macs on it
Old 09-19-2008, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MMMZ/28
No heads for me.....dont plan on it either just a cammed street car.
400/375 cam only bolt ons TR230 reverse split. Love the cam, idle is nasty. I get complements everywhere i go.