Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Piston Size

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow Piston Size

This might be a stupid question. If I take my 98 LS1 block to the machine shop and have them just clean it up and hone out the cylinders a little and freshen everything up, what size pistons will I need?

I plain on using wiseco pistons and I'm not sure about the connecting rods yet. Trying to get opinions on that part. Basically I am trying to build a strong bottom end for daily driving. I want to do it one time and one time only to. So just trying to figure out everything before I order stuff.....Thanks
Old 09-28-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wait to buy anything untill you have the engine torn down and have the machine shop mic every thing. You may be able to stay at 346ci or it may have to be honed to a 347ci. Once the shop gives you specs of your honed cylinder bore size then order your pistions, rods, and bearings...cam,crank,and rod. Take the block and all your new parts back to the machine shop and have them ballance the rotating assembly and line hone the new bearings for you.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Perfect, thats what I am looking for......Thanks so much for the help. This is my first time ever doing this so its kinda new information for me......Thanks