Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSX 427 build up from a LS1

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LSX 427 build up from a LS1

ok so I read the stick but with some of the things I am using and the size of the motor I am not sure where to put this. I plan on trying to put a 6L80 into my '99 T/A and I was wondering if I should change my ECM/PCM. Also many questions as I am doing a 427 build up using a LSX block with a few LS7 parts. I am a complete noob with this and I figure I should put this here seeing as though you guys are the big boys of the LS motors. I want to be N/A with the big bore and try a power adder with the motor I am about to pull. But where can i find the right head gaskets all the numbers with them confuse the hell out of me and I don't know what's the difference from one to the other. With the N/A setup I know I need a high compression so I was wondering how to make that a possibility without having to strictly run race fuel. I know that there are plenty of threads on some of this stuff but with finals and school my play time on the internet is short and I want to get as much correct info as I can before I start buying he!!a sh*t. I have my block getting prepped by SDPC and currently looking for the right internals to get into the 700rwhp range. This is what I have been thinking about as for parts, and let me know if I am missing anything that I can't take off my LS1 and put onto the LSX motor build up. Thanks guys.

-???? Cam not sure of what is a good N/A app for a big bore
-LSX 427
-Callies Comstar Connecting Rods, H-Beam, 6.125 in. Length, 0.927
in. Pin
-Callies Dragonslayer, Crankshaft, 4.000" Stroke, 6.125" Rod, 1800g Bobweight
-PRC Cylinder Heads, LS7 CNC Ported assembled
-???? Gaskets
-Caddie LS7 lifters
-???? length pushrods
-1.7 rockers
-Cloyes Heavy duty double roller (what the heck is a rain chain????)
-Diamond Pistons LS7 Forged Dish Piston set w/ -2cc Valve Reliefs, 4.130"
BORE / 4.000" Stroke / 6.125" Rods / 1.115" Comp Height / .927 x 2.500
(What is the comp Height? and to get a bigger compression ratio should I
get a bigger valve relief???)
-LS7 manifold
-60# injectors
-92 PTM throttle body
-SLP MAF
I was also wondering if I want the 6L80 and change the E/PCM to a LS2/3/7 would I also have to change a lot of other components i.e. the regulator wheel??? again thanks guys and sorry for bringing a LS1 your way. Oh and it would be nice if a poll was added so I can see what people like and what has been working for you.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

The 6l80 probably uses the T43 controller. Personally Id go with an aftermaket ecu for the trans and stick with your LS1 PCM for the engine as it will work with your wiring loom, bcm and rest of the vehicle. Just add the aftermarket ecu to handle the auto and off you go.

As for the engine, surely SDPC can sort all the parts out for you?
Old 12-05-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was just wondering if the parts I am choosing so far will be okay with reliability. Seems I am getting some looks but no responses. Then again I think i put it in the wrong category for this type of question

Last edited by The Fugitive; 12-05-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: unfinished
Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes if you really want to do a 6L80/90, you will need a compatible E38/E67 ECM and a 58X reluctor wheel on the crank: Gen IV engine.

FYI: https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...o-does-go.html

Very nice trans!

Cheers.

Quick Reply: LSX 427 build up from a LS1