Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Generation IV External Engine
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Generation IV External Engine
LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Default throttle response tune?

I posted over in conversions and thought I might get some answers here since it deals with electronic throttle. I am building an LS2 iron block clone.I will run stock EFI manifold and will make or buy an ECM and harness. I want instant throttle response as with a cable or link rod setup. I know this has been beat to death here but I still dont know any "for sure" answers ,mostly speculation.. The GMPP harness ecm setup I know has a slight lag and my work trucks (ford and Chevy) have a terrible lag. Are some ECM's more responsive? Can this be tuned? I have read of a module that can be used to speed up response....any info on that? Thanks for your answers.
badjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 17

Do a search in the tuning forum on Throttle violence. There is a table that can be changed on DBW set ups that affect how sensitive the throttle is. The vette guys have delt with this i'm sure.

|LS3|Vengence stage II cam on 113+3|TSP PRC LS3 heads milled to 64cc|LS3 mls hg|11.1:1 cr|7.325 Comp pushrods|Ported L76 w/Holly TB|LS7 injectors|1 3/4Dynatech long tubes w/catted Y|GMMG cat back||UMI subframe connectors| UMI rear control arms|Hotchkiss Panhard bar|SLP raptor hood|FTP Air lid w/K&N|3.73 gears|Ram powergrip HD clutch and billet flywheel|updated hydro's| B&M Ripper|Free mods|02 OS|SD Tuned by Frost|
[SIGPIC]
Ramairbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by badjonny View Post
I posted over in conversions and thought I might get some answers here since it deals with electronic throttle. I am building an LS2 iron block clone.I will run stock EFI manifold and will make or buy an ECM and harness. I want instant throttle response as with a cable or link rod setup. I know this has been beat to death here but I still dont know any "for sure" answers ,mostly speculation.. The GMPP harness ecm setup I know has a slight lag and my work trucks (ford and Chevy) have a terrible lag. Are some ECM's more responsive? Can this be tuned? I have read of a module that can be used to speed up response....any info on that? Thanks for your answers.

I am not actually answering your question, but can give more info.

The lag you feel in the trucks is both from the throttle program slowly opening it (which can be adjusted in HP Tuners...the 2005 6.0 V-8 "LQ4" ECM has plenty restriction on throttle opening) and Power Enrichment mode. The ECM in cars seem to enter PE mode quick even when adjusting PE features like Enrichment rate and Delay. But the trucks seem to almost ignore these changes and slowly enter Power Enrichment Mode all the time, presumably so they can meet fuel economy requirements.
vhato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:05 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2001, chevy, enrichment, hp, increase, instant, lq4, ls1, ls3, ls7, mode, power, response, throttle, tune, tuners