Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 pcv routing input (diagram)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those were actually the ones I wanted to run but Ive already spent so much more on this project than I initially planned I just need to get it done.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ill probably be selling my black anodized can/breather setup, if you want something really compact
Old 07-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irish350
Ill probably be selling my black anodized can/breather setup, if you want something really compact
what brand?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Adrenaline Auto parts here in the valley. I bleve theyre sponsors on azfba/ azdg

EDIT: went back to the invoice.. idk if itd be any savings over what you're talking about (came out to 230 for the breather and can :-o ).. ill miss the looks, but ill need more functionality (hence the saikou)

Last edited by Irish350; 07-13-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

How much u asking for it? Do you have a link to the specs and what the internal construction of it is?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I vented mine to the atmosphere a couple times on a some set ups. Suprised I didnt burn the car to the ground when I dumped oil al down the block, headers, and pretty much all over the car. Its not a good idea.

So make it work, is simple really...but you need the right catch can set up. These little gay ones we buy arnt worth a ****. They need filtering in them or a baffle. Im working on making on now.

Really, all the PCV needs to do, is suck the pressure out and shove it back in the intake (without oil). Without the oil is the hard part, nothing seems to catch it the right way. The vacuum in mine is so high that a sealed catch can is pretty much like just running a straight through hose.

Right now mine goes as follows...

Hose from the intake (clean side) going to the catch can.
Hose from the valley to the catch can (dirty side)
I have about 2 feet of hose (2" diameter) running both sides.
All valve covers capped

The catch can I have is the little one that is popular one with the port on top and on on the side. If you look inside, the port on the side is about a half inch from the other port on top...a high vac will just suck the oil right off one into the other....useless. SO...what I have done is taken the top port and ran a tube from it to the bottom of the can. They I put a foam filter around the tube so that the oil comes out at the bottom of the can, then has to be ucked all the way up, through the foam filter to the side port. Now, this has helped HUGE, but hasnt gotten it all..If I rip on it or run high RPMs not at WOT, that creates a **** ton of vac and it will get in there. I will be making the same can, but on a larger scale with some baffeling. I am pretty sure his will cure it all...I will update this when I get enough time to fab it up
Old 07-22-2010, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah that sounds like the saikou michi (in the link on the first page) and there's another couple brands mentioned in those threads.

definitely let us know though

Quick Reply: LS3 pcv routing input (diagram)