Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differences in Wiring Harnesses

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Differences in Wiring Harnesses

Hey guys,
I've got an 08 LY6 out of a Silverado 3500. It came with the stock ECM but no wiring harness. I'm 99% sure I have the E38 ECU.

My question is: is the harness specific to the LY6, or will another harness work, like out of a '10 L96 or newer truck? Will any harness mated to an E38 computer work, are the connectors generally the same? Is there a difference between VVT harnesses?

I'm finding it really hard to find a stock LY6 harness and was wondering if something else would work.

thanks guys
Jim
Old 03-01-2011, 09:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This will work for you. I would just need to add in the VVT option.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E172-...item2eafcfe4c7
Old 03-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Schwanke... I've seen those harnesses before... if you look in the Q/A section, they do not have provisions for VVT, which tells me that the VVT harness is different from an LS3 or other..Just wanted to make sure here
Old 07-01-2023, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by borrone821
Hey guys,
I've got an 08 LY6 out of a Silverado 3500. It came with the stock ECM but no wiring harness. I'm 99% sure I have the E38 ECU.

My question is: is the harness specific to the LY6, or will another harness work, like out of a '10 L96 or newer truck? Will any harness mated to an E38 computer work, are the connectors generally the same? Is there a difference between VVT harnesses?

I'm finding it really hard to find a stock LY6 harness and was wondering if something else would work.

thanks guys
Jim
hoping somebody can help figure out best course of action I have a lm7 5.3 I put in a 2006 rcsb wt and got a harness from a 02-04 (salvage yard, didn’t know what year it was off) & the purple taped connectors under the 5.3 fuse box do not properly fit each other. pic below. the green tape side hooked up fine and the connectors for the actual fuse box itself bolted right up. do I need to get a different harness? the block of the lm7 was out of a 04 so I figured they would have fit.
thanks,
Zac

Quick Reply: Differences in Wiring Harnesses