Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trickflow l92 heads for 4" bore??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trickflow l92 heads for 4" bore??

Wandering do they exist ive seen some refrences to them but cant seem to locate them anywhere? Also wandering about the procomp ls3 cnc heads? they are cheap and supposedly flow great just wandering what it would cost to get them with good springs valves etc. cant find any real info on them either like valve angle etc.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

ive found that the ls3 style trick flows have never been released. So in l92 its stock, worked over stock, mast black label(3500 bucks ouch), or procomp cnc heads.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lightbulb

Don't know from experience but I hear the Dr J's "Airwolf" LS3 heads are good( they use the ProComp LS3 castings).
Old 04-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by N2OBaby
Don't know from experience but I hear the Dr J's "Airwolf" LS3 heads are good( they use the ProComp LS3 castings).
You might want to read this thread first. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ls7-heads.html
Old 04-07-2011, 08:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^^I never got any full answers from the person that started and pushed that thread. It was very vague, on the flow chart there was no bore size or if a pipe used and how many inches it was flowed at.

He touched on the durability of other casting when we asked about the porosity of his castings. I asked him well what about power? You can't tell me you have taken off a Brodix or AFR and put on a Procomp and made more power? I never got an answer back.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
^^^^I never got any full answers from the person that started and pushed that thread. It was very vague, on the flow chart there was no bore size or if a pipe used and how many inches it was flowed at.

He touched on the durability of other casting when we asked about the porosity of his castings. I asked him well what about power? You can't tell me you have taken off a Brodix or AFR and put on a Procomp and made more power? I never got an answer back.
yeah it was clear that they were beating around the bush with answer. after a while it the thread started to get funny with the posts. That devils mentor guy had me lmao with that wolfman curse quote lol.

Well seeing how this thread is FULL OF FAIL, lets see how much you care when the dust starts to settle on your inventory of Wolfy heads and their shinny luster starts to fade away.... You'd think they
were...they were... C-C-C-CURSED - "Even a set of heads that is pure at flow, and has good lift by 600, may become an AIR WOLF when the..... ehhh... yeah you get the point!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

well everyone is knocking the procomp castings, lets face it guys, most all those draped in the american flag performance parts are made elsewhere. Id be shocked i mean absolutely shocked if MAST Black Labels are actaully cast in the USA. Finished out sure but cast i highly doubt it.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rennocneb
well everyone is knocking the procomp castings, lets face it guys, most all those draped in the american flag performance parts are made elsewhere. Id be shocked i mean absolutely shocked if MAST Black Labels are actaully cast in the USA. Finished out sure but cast i highly doubt it.
Thats not the point though, old sbc heads were so porous that coolant would leak right thru them. They would crack for no reason because their casting wasnt strong enough.

If Mast heads are casted outside of the USA they are still a good product. A good bit of people running them and no issues that I have ever heard of. Shiz and ATVracer run their car hard with a 450 shot to the tune of 7.90's with a set of their Mozez heads. That much cylinder pressure would surely crack a poorly casted head.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

im not saying the procomps are good or bad castings i dont know, but GM blocks are known for leaking oil, and my point is i get really tired of hearing people say buy american well you point out a true american head, every part made here and assembled here by a guy making enough to supoprt his family, and ill gladly drop 3000 bucks + a pair on them, but i have yet to see them. That includes the GM castings i bet.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Banned

well if someone wants them there is a set of airwolf ls7 heads on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...Q5fAccessories
Old 04-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rennocneb
im not saying the procomps are good or bad castings i dont know, but GM blocks are known for leaking oil, and my point is i get really tired of hearing people say buy american well you point out a true american head, every part made here and assembled here by a guy making enough to supoprt his family, and ill gladly drop 3000 bucks + a pair on them, but i have yet to see them. That includes the GM castings i bet.
I can certainly tell you that both All Pro and Edelbrock are 100% made in America. Every part. Castings, seats and guides. The parts they are assembled with may be made elsewhere but the delivered castings are all designed and manufactured here in USA.

Richard
Old 04-13-2011, 04:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
I can certainly tell you that both All Pro and Edelbrock are 100% made in America. Every part. Castings, seats and guides. The parts they are assembled with may be made elsewhere but the delivered castings are all designed and manufactured here in USA.

Richard
You better get to bed and get some rest there Richard so you can get me a bad azz set of heads redone and sent back too me!!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Richard
Where are the Brodix castings made???
Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ramairws6
You better get to bed and get some rest there Richard so you can get me a bad azz set of heads redone and sent back too me!!
Sleep is over rated............ I'll get plenty when I'm dead.

Waiting on the UPS man...........
Old 04-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Where are the Brodix castings made???
Not really sure.........
Strange that there are no company logos on those heads.........

Richard
Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Sleep is over rated............ I'll get plenty when I'm dead.

Waiting on the UPS man...........
Hahahaha, i tell this same line to my buds all the time! Man of good words...
Old 04-16-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The PRC aftermarket casting LS3 head is ready. This is a 100% American head.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Launching!

look around you, very few things were actually made in the US anymore due to labor and material costs. Procomps probably had some hiccups at some point but I've seen failures come from just about every manufacturer at some point in time. Never heard anyone say "damn US ____" they just assume the failure was do to misuse or something else. Same part from china brakes and its all of the sudden Mr. Bing's fault. Dumb. Walk through a 99 cent store sometime, I was suprised how much junk was made in the US there! No lie!

In school those Chinese and Indian kids set the damn curve! No joke these kids are smart and are determined. Dont underestimate them because of their geographic location or race.

Quick Reply: trickflow l92 heads for 4" bore??