Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls7 exhaust manifold help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls7 exhaust manifold help

I am building a 55 studebaker pickup with an lq4. I am interested in using ls7 exhaust manifolds due to my narrow frame rails and limited clearance. Lt headers are not an option for this build. I am getting close to mocking up the motor in the chassis and it would be helpful to see some measurements of these manifolds on a motor so I can decide if the will fit between my rails. I know they have a funky flange but I am prepared to deal with that. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Anybody.....?
Old 12-06-2011, 09:43 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I don't have any specs but I can tell you they are very good from a performance standpoint. I put a set on my 2005 Vette (along with matching cats and midpipes) and it picked up 3 tenths in the 1/8th mile. They are a center dump and don't flare out at the outlet so I am guessing they should fit your chassis as long as your motor mounts dont get in the way.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by L-EATER
I don't have any specs but I can tell you they are very good from a performance standpoint. I put a set on my 2005 Vette (along with matching cats and midpipes) and it picked up 3 tenths in the 1/8th mile. They are a center dump and don't flare out at the outlet so I am guessing they should fit your chassis as long as your motor mounts dont get in the way.
Thanks. The performance was what attracted me to these manifolds, and the fact that you can pick them up cheaper than other block hugger designs. I'm hoping that somebody has a motor with them on to supply me with a couple measurements so I can verify their fitment before risking the "buy & try" approach to see if they will fit my odd combo.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Staging Lane

I've got a set, I'll try to get to the shop to take measurements.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

rough measurements:

from the bottom of the mounting flange to the collector - 7"

Then, using the mounting flange as a reference plane (i.e laying it flat on a table) distance from

plane to inside collector flange 1/2"
plane to outside collector flange 5 1/2"

Quick Reply: Ls7 exhaust manifold help