Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default o2 sensor

i read a few days ago about people using corvette rear o2 sensors to cure the front o2 reading for being to lean and stuff like that

today i recieved a set of bosch 13111 rear vette o2 sensors and it has a square plug on the end instead of the flat 4 type, how do you convert it over, i know theirs a way it needs to be routed

can someone help me out with this

thanks

dave
Old 12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

First of all you should not just buy a different set of o2 sensors to patch up a problem with the right sensors for your car. You should get the right ones and fix the problem at its source, not a band-aid resolution.

Also, what are you doing with rear o2 sensors? Those have nothing to do with "reading for being to lean and stuff like that". Those are to monitor the health of the cats and it's probably why the connector won't fit. The front sensors use a different connection than the rear ones.

So get the right ones for your car and get the correct front sensors and go from there.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i read the post correctly didnt they use these o2 for the length when running headers ??????

i need to lengthen the front o2 for headers
Old 12-06-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes you buy extensions for the front o2 sensors so they reach further. You don't put rear o2 sensors in place of the fronts.

Noone on this board has ever used rear o2 sensors for anything in the front...that's a fact. They are completely diffrent and will not work as you obviously saw.

Quick Reply: o2 sensor