Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Precision Race Components its own entity?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Question Is Precision Race Components its own entity?

I was wondering if Precision Race Components (PRC) was its own entity or is it a subsidiary of TSP? If they are there own entity, can we not buy directly from them?
Old 12-29-2011, 05:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think they are part of TSP.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They are their own entity, but they have no sales staff. TSP handles the sales.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

meaning not owned by tsp? or just seperate company owned by same guys?
Old 01-04-2012, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it's like the LMR/LME deal.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it's a separate company just they don't sell to retail. I sent my heads to TSP and they came back with PRC milled into them. I don't think TSP has the machines on their facility so that's why they send to PRC.

But I'm happy with mine they kick ***.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Precisions Race Components is legally a separate company from Texas Speed & Performance. All distribution of PRC products is handled through TSP. They have the same ownership. Both are here at our new facility in Lubbock, Texas. If you prefer to buy PRC from someone other than TSP, we also have quiet a few retailers across the nation who offer our products whom you can purchase through.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have your cathedral PRC 215 port heads and they look great!! I can't wait for my dyno time soon. Fit and finish on the heads is very nice, I'm glad that I went with them.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just buy through Texas Speed, have for the passed 4 years. Never a problem!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Tonight I learned that TSP does not want to mill heads for anyone. I asked them on the phone tonight and was told they would not mill my heads unless I also purchased a CNC port job or a valve job from them. They said it wasn't worth their time or wear and tear on their machines to mill heads. The person I spoke with was kind of rude about it too. That was a first for them. They have always been very helpful and polite in the past.

Anybody know of a good shop to send my heads to? The closer to Florida the better, but not necessary.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dystortdreality
Tonight I learned that TSP does not want to mill heads for anyone. I asked them on the phone tonight and was told they would not mill my heads unless I also purchased a CNC port job or a valve job from them. They said it wasn't worth their time or wear and tear on their machines to mill heads. The person I spoke with was kind of rude about it too. That was a first for them. They have always been very helpful and polite in the past.

Anybody know of a good shop to send my heads to? The closer to Florida the better, but not necessary.
Check out http://www.vmaxmotorsports.com/ they are in florida.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Thanks. I'll check them out
Old 01-16-2012, 05:18 PM
TECH Resident

Why not just find someone fairly local? It probably cost more to ship than it does for them to be milled.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by dystortdreality

I listened in on two conversations you had with our sales guys and they were both very explanatory about this and neither were short, rude, etc in my opinion. They explained that unless we are doing port work on the heads, we will not do milling. This is the same for our block boring/honing/clearancing, as well as our engine and chassis dyno: If it is not a block getting our rotating assembly and being assembled here, we will not machine it. If it is not a vehicle with our parts, our services, etc on it then we will not dyno it. You were never told anything about it not being worth the time or wear on machines or anything of that nature. I am sorry if our salesguys' explanations were not clear enough. Hopefully this post helps.

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
Old 01-16-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
I listened in on two conversations you had with our sales guys and they were both very explanatory about this and neither were short, rude, etc in my opinion. They explained that unless we are doing port work on the heads, we will not do milling. This is the same for our block boring/honing/clearancing, as well as our engine and chassis dyno: If it is not a block getting our rotating assembly and being assembled here, we will not machine it. If it is not a vehicle with our parts, our services, etc on it then we will not dyno it. You were never told anything about it not being worth the time or wear on machines or anything of that nature. I am sorry if our salesguys' explanations were not clear enough. Hopefully this post helps.
I guess that explains why I sent a handful of messages and emails about rebuilding my motor re-using my stock crank and Manley rods and never got a single reply.

Last edited by 02blackbeauty19; 01-16-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Teching In

I was told by you it wasn't worth the wear and tear on the machines or worth the time to mill the heads by you... It no big deal I sent them to LME and they are taking care of it for me. BTW I have a MS4 cam from you guys which I love. I was gonna buy your 1 7/8 headers but they are always out of stock. Lol. I also have friends that buy a lot from you guys. I think you guys have some great products. I'm sorry it didn't work out getting my heads milled by you guys. No hard feelings.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

No hard feelings here. I'm sure LME will do a fine job milling your heads.

Let me know if you need any help down the road!

Quick Reply: Is Precision Race Components its own entity?