Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My cam sensor harness is not mating with the engine harness help!!

Old 01-31-2012, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My cam sensor harness is not mating with the engine harness help!!

Im doing a ls2 engine swap into 68 camaro. I purchased an 05-06 gm gto m6 engine harness. The engine core i bought did not come with any sensors including the cam sensor and cam sensor harness. So i went on to purchase all the sensor from the gm dealership.. all 05-06 gto sensors. But one problem, the cam sensor harness (part number 12627501) will not mate with the engine harness. Its looks like there two different style clips. Any ideas guy? Maybe some one has some pics of the two harnesses, or im missing something? helppp please guys...

cam sensor harness

Engine harness

Now the cam side only has three wires and the engine side has five wires i believe. which doesnt make much sense to me but there the only ones that even look close to clipping together.
Attached Thumbnails My cam sensor harness is not mating with the engine harness help!!-cam-sensor.jpg   My cam sensor harness is not mating with the engine harness help!!-engine-harness.jpg  
Old 01-31-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

12591720 is the part number of the cam sensor they sold me. Did gm discontinue the gto cam sensor?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fixed it boys and girls ... gm sold me a cam harness to which a gto never had... I never would of guessed considering my ls2 timing chain cover had a spot for it to mount lol oh well at least its fixed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My cam sensor harness is not mating with the engine harness help!!