Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake connection problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake connection problems

I have a LQ9 in a 2002 Camaro. I just finished installing a cam and LS3 heads with LS3 intake, FAST 92mm throttle body, 85mm MAF and 98mm lid. After installing the intake and the TB, it seems to sit a lot lower than the LS1 intake that was on it before. I had already bought reducing sleeves to fit the OD of the TB to the MAF but it is so low that the 98mm lid isn't even close to being low enough for the MAF connection. What can I get to connect the TB to the MAF that would "angle" up enough to connect to the lid?

I know this rambled on..... but has anyone done this conversion.................. please chime in, .....how did you do it!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mbaker3
I have a LQ9 in a 2002 Camaro. I just finished installing a cam and LS3 heads with LS3 intake, FAST 92mm throttle body, 85mm MAF and 98mm lid. After installing the intake and the TB, it seems to sit a lot lower than the LS1 intake that was on it before. I had already bought reducing sleeves to fit the OD of the TB to the MAF but it is so low that the 98mm lid isn't even close to being low enough for the MAF connection. What can I get to connect the TB to the MAF that would "angle" up enough to connect to the lid?

I know this rambled on..... but has anyone done this conversion.................. please chime in, .....how did you do it!!!
Anyone?????? Surely someone has done this conversion before!!