Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

head question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default head question

I am building an engine for my car and need some help on head selection. I have a HKE 6.0 bored .010" over all forged internals and the pistons are flat top with valve reliefs machined in them. Not sure the CC but they are not dished. Question is I have a set of Trevor Johnson's p&p heads with 2.08/1.60 stainless valves and they have been Miller .030 and are 852 castings but I have been looking at the L92 swaps and wondered if stock l92 heads will out perform the worked over 852's?? I planned on running my TR230 can but it may be too small for L92 heads any suggestions?? I really need to figure this out!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First thing I would figure out is the valve relief so you can plan what chamber size you will need to get your desired CR. I am kinda doubting your TJ heads will work but can't tell you for sure... L92's would work really well but that cam is not designed for those heads so I would change that for sure if you do a l92 set up.