LS7 Turbo headers? - LS1TECH

Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Generation IV External Engine
Search

Generation IV External Engine
LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories

LS7 Turbo headers?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
Launching!

Trader Rating: 4
Default LS7 Turbo headers?

Do any companies mass produce ls7 turbo headers? I have searched every where and haven't really found any ls7 head based turbo headers. Just something that points forward. The rest of the piping I can have made but custom headers get expensive.
slippi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Banned

Trader Rating: 40
Send a message via AIM to westtexasbuff Send a message via Yahoo to westtexasbuff

Is this for a C6 Z06 or something that was transplanted with an LS7? Any LSx based header will bolt up to LS7 heads, just a matter of it fitting them in your project. OBX just came out with some nice ones, and Stainless Works also makes some.
westtexasbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
Launching!

Oh ok see I thought both the intake and exhaust ports were different. If the exhaust ports are the same that will make things pretty easy. Thanks man.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
LS1Tech Sponsor

Trader Rating: 0

The LS7 does have D shaped exhaust ports so they are a little different than standard heads.

Our Turbo headers are a large enough circular shaped primary that they completely cover the D port.

You'd be good to go!

We offer a Down and Forward design with 1 3/4" primaries (red car).

as well as an Upswept and forward design with 1 7/8" primaries (white car).

-Jason
Attached Thumbnails
LS7 Turbo headers?-ls1dft3rdgen-001.jpg   LS7 Turbo headers?-2129189130047301034s600x600q85.jpg  
Stainless Works Blog
[/B]
StainlessWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
Launching!

This would be going in a TBSS with a LSX454 though so I'm not sure about spacing for truck accessories and for firewall clearance. as long as they clear those two main hurdles I can have my exhaust guy do the rest. I'm just in the research face right now trying to find out exactly what I'll need well before I pick up anything
Old 04-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Trader Rating: 15
Send a message via AIM to Frans96SS Send a message via MSN to Frans96SS Send a message via Yahoo to Frans96SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippi84 View Post
This would be going in a TBSS with a LSX454 though so I'm not sure about spacing for truck accessories and for firewall clearance. as long as they clear those two main hurdles I can have my exhaust guy do the rest. I'm just in the research face right now trying to find out exactly what I'll need well before I pick up anything
Thats gonna be tight in a TBSS. You can just use any round flange and it will work on an LS7 head. Thats how we have our 8 sec.C6Z.
FACEBOOK PAGE
TAX FREE HORSEPOWER
Frans96SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
Launching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frans96SS View Post
Thats gonna be tight in a TBSS. You can just use any round flange and it will work on an LS7 head. Thats how we have our 8 sec.C6Z.
Yeah money wise and preference wise I would really like to be able to make this turbo setup work but like you said its REALLY tight in there and with my lsx454 I really don't want to go any higher than like 8 psi for reliability and safety. My only other real option would be like a whipple 2.9 which would be like close to double the price for the same performance just about.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Frans96SS Send a message via MSN to Frans96SS Send a message via Yahoo to Frans96SS

Quote:
Yeah money wise and preference wise I would really like to be able to make this turbo setup work but like you said its REALLY tight in there and with my lsx454 I really don't want to go any higher than like 8 psi for reliability and safety. My only other real option would be like a whipple 2.9 which would be like close to double the price for the same performance just about.
Why not a procharger? We are installing an F1R on a TBSS right now. Looking to make around 1krwhp If you are in NJ Feel free to stop by the shop and check it out.
FACEBOOK PAGE
TAX FREE HORSEPOWER
Old 04-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #9
Launching!

I thought about doing a F1R too. Being limited to only 8psi ball park I have to figure out which setup will make the most power at such a low boost level. I'm all over youtube looking at actual dyno runs and numbers from guys with each form of FI and at what psi they're making these numbers. Ideally I want to make 600awhp and still be able to drive her every day baby seat in the back full interior the whole 9 lol.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Quote:
I thought about doing a F1R too. Being limited to only 8psi ball park I have to figure out which setup will make the most power at such a low boost level. I'm all over youtube looking at actual dyno runs and numbers from guys with each form of FI and at what psi they're making these numbers. Ideally I want to make 600awhp and still be able to drive her every day baby seat in the back full interior the whole 9 lol.

I would do an F1A if i were you just to keep your options open in the future. 600AWHP shouldnt be a problem at all. Who is building the truck?
FACEBOOK PAGE
TAX FREE HORSEPOWER
Old 04-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #11
Launching!

Quote:
I would do an F1A if i were you just to keep your options open in the future. 600AWHP shouldnt be a problem at all. Who is building the truck?
It's already built but it's at Tune Time getting the finishing touches on the NA setup which I will run for a while before going FI. If by some act of god it makes 480-500awhp NA I will probably just port or change the heads and cam instead of going FI cause I'll be able to reach my goal without getting to crazy.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #12
Teching In

Trader Rating: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessWorks View Post
We offer a Down and Forward design with 1 3/4" primaries (red car).

-Jason
How much for the red car design? Do you have a pic of them off the car?
Tidbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #13
Launching!

Trader Rating: 1

Quote:
Why not a procharger? We are installing an F1R on a TBSS right now. Looking to make around 1krwhp If you are in NJ Feel free to stop by the shop and check it out.
Is there a procharger kit that would fit around my truck accessories? I think it sits to the outside of the alternator. I have a ton of room there.

Build thread: http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...90-lsdak1.html
casias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:05 AM   #14
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by casias View Post
Is there a procharger kit that would fit around my truck accessories? I think it sits to the outside of the alternator. I have a ton of room there.

Yes it mounts on the passenger side.
FACEBOOK PAGE
TAX FREE HORSEPOWER