Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Vette and a Pile of Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default LS2 Vette and a Pile of Parts

Hello,

I haven't really had to the opportunity to spend much time on this site, but I think this is going to be my new hang out. I have a 2005 Corvette Z51 with a 6 Speed. The car is completely stock with the exception of a Magnaflow cat back and a Vararam I installed a few weeks ago. I decided over the winter that I wanted to do some performance work to the car that was going to amount to an air intake and headers.... Six months later i have a Complete Magnuson MP112 Supercharger Kit sitting in my closet, the vararam is installed, I have a my sights set on a a set of Kooks Headers 1 7/8 with Catted X-pipe and now I am thinking of topping it off with a set of exhaust cutouts and a cam. I see on this site you guys rip apart LS1's and 2's like its nothing. This is a big step for me but i am oh so ready. Turning will be done by ECS.

I am looking for advice on my setup so far, how much boost I should run, and if there are any blower cams available for this supercharger that are actually worth installing.

DG

Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, no suggestions for a cam, but wanted to say you have a beautiful car!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well... for what its worth, Lingenfelter uses the LS9 cam out of the ZR1 corvette for their supercharger applications.

If you look in the forced induction section there is a sticky as to how much boosted was applied to what bottom end and if it lasted or shattered. Might go from there.
If you're going to run alot on that magnacharger, might want to look into swapping into a larger heat exchanger to keep temps low (and stop detonation)
Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

PM sent
Old 04-17-2012, 03:06 AM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nebulus
Unfortunately, no suggestions for a cam, but wanted to say you have a beautiful car!
Thank You!

It looks fast.... now I just need to make it fast....

DG

Quick Reply: LS2 Vette and a Pile of Parts