Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 rebuild parts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 05:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 rebuild parts?

So, I'll first start by saying, that I am from the UK. We don't have a great deal of knowledge (collectively) about American motors, and the tuning capabilities are limited at best.

In order to get my motor where I want it, it's easier to order from the 'States. BUT... You kinda have to know what you want / need.

I'm after a completely bomb-proof motor, which on a good day would give out 500 RWHP, but naturally aspirated.

I don't know where to look for strong forged internals, a good but streetable cam, or intake mods. Lifters and pushrods - aftermarket larger / stronger, or just keep OEM. It's so much easier (for shipping and taxation) if the stuff can come in 'kits'. Like, the forged rotating stroker assemblies, or a cam 'pack' with valve springs, timing gear etc etc.

Ive got the exhaust and headers sorted, and I can send the heads away for porting / polishing. Is it worth retro-fitting another later head with larger valves? Or keeping mine?

Ideally, I'll keep it fuel-injected (our emissions standards are getting ridiculous).

And, (as if I've not made a bunch of ridiculous requirements already...) I don't want to have to increase to a rev-limit of 10,000 before I make big power. I LOVE the lazy, low-end torque mountain of V8's.

Websites, kits and general info is appreciated! And yeah, I'll be working on it myself (bar the rolling road tune-up when all is said and done).

Thanks guys!

Chaz

Last edited by Chazza; 04-17-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Quick Reply: LS2 rebuild parts?