Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVAP Solenoid, Intake vacuum, PCV

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVAP Solenoid, Intake vacuum, PCV

Hi all, I've got an LS376, and I'm trying to figure out if the EVAP solenoid is needed and if not, can i block off the vent on the Driver side Intake behind the Throttle body?
The person who installed the engine did not know what he was doing. He had a vacuum hose connecting from the driver side hole on the Intake, to the Fuel pressure regulator. I know this is incorrect because the LS guide says Not to vacuum reference the fuel regulator.

In the pictures I find, It looks like the EVAP solenoid connects to that hole on the driver side intake. Is that correct? If it don't have an EVAP, can i just plug that hole in the driver side intake?

Also, I intend on installing a PCV catch can. Currently, the aforementioned inept mechanic, left the Passenger side PCV Fresh air tube Open to air, and plugged the hole in the air intake tube where I believe it was supposed to be hooked into. My question is, Is this a problem? is it important that the fresh air PCV tube on the valve cover receive Metered Air?

Thank you.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you're not going to have the smog crap hooked up, then you can plug that port on the intake.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks very much.

Quick Reply: EVAP Solenoid, Intake vacuum, PCV