Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to question please

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to question please

Is it easy to replace oil filler & cap with a Metco crankcase breather on valve cover?? Any special tools required? Does the breather directly screw into valve cover or is something else need to be purchased.
Yes I'm mechanically challenged.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-28-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bump-anybody?
Old 04-28-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks to me like it installs in place of your oil cap...no mod needed.

http://fasttoys.net/shop/Metco-LS1-a...ebird-MBR0003/
Old 04-29-2012, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Your right but I have a strut tower brace that prevents direct install. I have to remove the filler tube. I had it done by a mechanic on my last LS1 Car but I was hoping to DIY this time
Old 04-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Yes you can install the breather directly into the valve cover. I had mine off for powdercoating when i did it. You need to take the valve cover off. Then to get the black filler tube out i used a very tiny screwdriver (almost as small as a glasses kit or a pick) to pry back the tab on the filler tube while turning it. once you get the valve cover off and look at it you will see. then you reinstall the valve cover and screw in the bottom piece of the filter set. then push filter on and done.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KenrickCustom
Yes you can install the breather directly into the valve cover. I had mine off for powdercoating when i did it. You need to take the valve cover off. Then to get the black filler tube out i used a very tiny screwdriver (almost as small as a glasses kit or a pick) to pry back the tab on the filler tube while turning it. once you get the valve cover off and look at it you will see. then you reinstall the valve cover and screw in the bottom piece of the filter set. then push filter on and done.
you rock-thanks, but unfortunately I'm not mechanic savy I'll surely Fu*k something up. Damn taking off the valve cover! I thought it would be something easier. Guess my mechanic will be tasked $$.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Turns out my mechanic just used a large flat head screw driver & pryed it off while turning. 5 minutes and new breather screwed on

Quick Reply: How to question please