Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark Plug Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 02:17 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spark Plug Question

Hello all,

I am finally getting things together to finish my new head and cam package. Pat G will be doing the tuning on my G8 GXP and recommended using NGK TR6 plugs. I am running PRC aftermarket heads that use a gasket seat rather than the tapered seat found on many heads. Can somebody provide a NGK number that would cross reference between the regular tapered seat TR6 plug and a gasketed version? Thanks for any info that you can provide. Have a great evening!!!

Tony
Old 06-16-2012, 04:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our aftermarket heads work with standard style plugs like most other popular cylinder heads out there. No need for special one. We have used both style plugs in our aftermarket castings for years without a problem!

Last edited by Sales1@Texas-speed; 06-16-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for responding Aaron! I may have worded that a little poorly. I wasn't trying to imply that a special plug is required, just what would be the equivilent to the TR6. The TR6 is a tapered seat with .708 inch reach. I had some TR55 plugs sitting there and tried them just to see about the reach and it left them up in the threads a good way still. The plugs I ended up getting are NGK ZFR6F-11. These are a gasket style plug with 14mm threads, .750 reach, 6 heat range, v-groove design, and the specified gap for these plugs is .044. Sorry about the confusion Aaron!!

Tony
Old 06-16-2012, 06:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coops09gxp
Thanks for responding Aaron! I may have worded that a little poorly. I wasn't trying to imply that a special plug is required, just what would be the equivilent to the TR6. The TR6 is a tapered seat with .708 inch reach. I had some TR55 plugs sitting there and tried them just to see about the reach and it left them up in the threads a good way still. The plugs I ended up getting are NGK ZFR6F-11. These are a gasket style plug with 14mm threads, .750 reach, 6 heat range, v-groove design, and the specified gap for these plugs is .044. Sorry about the confusion Aaron!!

Tony
No problem! We have used both styles for years with no problems. Just wanted to make sure we got you taken care of. Let us know how she performs after you get her tuned!

Last edited by Sales1@Texas-speed; 06-16-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics!!! Post pics!!!!

Quick Reply: Spark Plug Question