Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What covers will swap from LS1 to L76?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What covers will swap from LS1 to L76?

I have done several searches, but info is a bit vague. I think I have to have an LS2 valley cover, but I don't about the front and back covers or what timing chain I have to use. I am swapping the heads, and all accessories from my LS1.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From ls1 you can reuse your rear cover but for piece of mind get a new rear main seal and install in the right way for a leak free cover.

You will need an Ls2 front cover with the cam sensor. You'll also need to remove your old knoch sensors and install one on each side. The racetronix cam sensor extension has the wiring and adapters to connect to the cam and both knock sensors to your harness. BUT make sure that the wires aren't crossed, some like mine started on the left pin and ended on the right and my car would not start just follow the wires and you'll see what I mean.

You should be able to reuse your Ls1 valve covers with your L76 no need to get valve covers. Unless I'm missing something.

You should also use an Ls2 dampner if you have a tensioner(I don't remember right off the top of my head).

I'd use a C5r timing chain and avoid the double rollers cause youll need to clearance the timing cover and to me that's hacking **** up for no reason.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by litle88; 08-09-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Quick Reply: What covers will swap from LS1 to L76?