Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water/meth injection on n/a

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water/meth injection on n/a

I am curious if anyone has used this mod with any success on an na application. I am running about 11.2:1 and am getting some knock. I am hoping to find a way to stay at my current power level without going to a 160 t-stat. I dont really like the idea of running the engine overly cool. I talked a bit to snow performance, and they seem to have a nice kit. Also wondering how challenging it is to tune when using this mod. My tuner says where I am at I woukd need to remove some timing and add more fuel, taking away some power. I would prefer to go the other way. I am running 92 octane currently at about 12.5 afr and 22-23 degrees.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Hoped I would get some constructive info on this forum. Figured this all has been tried.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gtp6515
I am curious if anyone has used this mod with any success on an na application. I am running about 11.2:1 and am getting some knock. I am hoping to find a way to stay at my current power level without going to a 160 t-stat. I dont really like the idea of running the engine overly cool. I talked a bit to snow performance, and they seem to have a nice kit. Also wondering how challenging it is to tune when using this mod. My tuner says where I am at I woukd need to remove some timing and add more fuel, taking away some power. I would prefer to go the other way. I am running 92 octane currently at about 12.5 afr and 22-23 degrees.

You need to add timing and remove fuel. You run the AFR up to about 12.7-13.2, then add methanol and run the timing up 2-3 degrees or till it slows down.

Quick Reply: water/meth injection on n/a