Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gauges won't shut off

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauges won't shut off

A couple weeks ago it was late and we were jump starting my dead battery on the some. Battery was completely dead. After a few tries something in the enginebay started smoking around the drivers side near the PS pump. This completely caused all power and lights to shut off. We swaped batteries and the car startjust fine,but with the ses , brake light,abs all staying on. I started the car up yesterday and took it for a test drive. Car ran fine and strong. Lights are still on. I ran the codes,but nothing pops up. Weird. Electrical problem. Anyone know how to fix this? Gauges cluster rpm lights are also on and off
Old 11-10-2012, 03:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

weird Luis. I'm in for a solution, sorry i cant help
Old 11-10-2012, 07:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

A suggestion: Maybe, look to see what caused the smoke???
Old 11-11-2012, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm doing a h/c install this next week. I'll look deeply into it
Old 11-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need a wiring diagram of your vehicle. Trace out the ground locations on the schematic and then look up stream to see what lights are sinking current through that ground connection in order to be fully turned on. Number one rule of electronics troubleshooting: Check ground, voltage source, and then check connections.

Since the ECU is not throwing any codes i would check to see if there is a hot 12V line crossed downstream of the ECU that is supplying the voltage needed to turn them on. This would explain why they do not turn off, and also why the ECU does not throw any codes because the problem is downstream of the ECU.

Quick Reply: gauges won't shut off