Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will 2002 C5z Exhaust Manifolds Fit L92 Truck Heads?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will 2002 C5z Exhaust Manifolds Fit L92 Truck Heads?

2011 Silverado 6.2L daily driver looking for added performance without compromises of LT's. C5z manifolds cost effective, as good or better than shorties and almost on par with some cheaper LT's. No flames please, just need fitment information. Link below somewhat explains my direction. Thanks in advance

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...e_header_test/
Old 12-17-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
2011 Silverado 6.2L daily driver looking for added performance without compromises of LT's. C5z manifolds cost effective, as good or better than shorties and almost on par with some cheaper LT's. No flames please, just need fitment information. Link below somewhat explains my direction. Thanks in advance

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...e_header_test/
Yes they will match and bolt up and are among the best factory exhaust manifolds and flow great. But the problem you going to have is the C5 dumps under the 3rd cylinder while the truck dumps behind the 4th . Clearance is going to be a problem.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omc8
Yes they will match and bolt up and are among the best factory exhaust manifolds and flow great. But the problem you going to have is the C5 dumps under the 3rd cylinder while the truck dumps behind the 4th . Clearance is going to be a problem.
That's the answer I needed but hoped clearance would not cause issue. On my C5 adding Kooks 1-7/8" LT's with 3" x-pipe no cats only gained 8 rwhp/11 rwtq over tuned without cats running "welded in" x-pipe. Not exactly the results I was expecting. Results on same dyno, same day of install.

After going FI on C5 I'm sure the benefit was more....but now I am judging cost-benefit analysis on my truck. I'm pretty sure removing cats would give me better sound but don't want smell, maybe after market converters.... dunno

Thanks for your help

Quick Reply: Will 2002 C5z Exhaust Manifolds Fit L92 Truck Heads?