Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True dual ebay convert pipe help

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True dual ebay convert pipe help

hey guys i am currently running a flowmaster 80 series crossflow muffler with bbk longtubes no cats. I want to go to a true dual setup with an x pipe but i hate turndows so i want to go over the axle I found this pipe on ebay here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-02-Camaro...545#vi-content

i am wondering if this will work to go over the axle the last picture shows going over the drive side which i know is a pain in the *** but that picture is for reference only and i am going both over the passenger will this piece work or is it junk lol any help is greatly appericated here is the pics in the link

also is there anyother pre bent pipe that you all know for over the axle my crappy town muffler shops refuses to do it thereselves thanks again
Attached Thumbnails True dual ebay convert pipe help-pipe.jpg   True dual ebay convert pipe help-pipe-2.jpg   True dual ebay convert pipe help-pipe-3.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Teching In

Any body....
Old 12-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm pretty sure all the pictured pipes you have above are to run dumped TDs under the axle and out the back.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

those pipes shown are for under the axle TDs
Old 12-20-2012, 09:04 PM
11 Second Club

If its a street car... The car will be way to loud with this true dual set up.

It Looks like an under the rear axle system & you probably would have ground clearance problems also.

Go with a mufflex 3.5 or 4" single cat back system with a texas speed Y Pipe that tucks up higher. Car will be much quieter have great performance & it sounds awesome with a camshaft.

Heres a sound video link.... This guy is running the 4" Magna Flow Race muffler with a 4" Dyno max Bullet muffler in the Intermediate pipe. Car sounds awesome...

Last edited by NOS LS1; 12-20-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help clearance is a huge issue in this state lol thanks and I'm for sure going with the magnaflow
Old 12-20-2012, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

This system Rocks... http://www.mufflex-performance.com/1...lowmaster.html
Old 12-29-2012, 12:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NOS LS1
If its a street car... The car will be way to loud with this true dual set up.

It Looks like an under the rear axle system & you probably would have ground clearance problems also.

Go with a mufflex 3.5 or 4" single cat back system with a texas speed Y Pipe that tucks up higher. Car will be much quieter have great performance & it sounds awesome with a camshaft.

Heres a sound video link.... This guy is running the 4" Magna Flow Race muffler with a 4" Dyno max Bullet muffler in the Intermediate pipe. Car sounds awesome...
Who are you to say what too loud or hangs too low? I'll bet my true dual system tucked up higher than a lot of y pipe setups.

And volume is subjective. Bullets on my true duals with an ms4 was just fine, as a matter of fact I'll be changing them to 10's.

Quick Reply: True dual ebay convert pipe help