Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator O-Rings for EOC & TOC

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Radiator O-Rings for EOC & TOC

Hello,

I have a 2005 Corvette Z51. The radiator has the plastic tanks that hold the engine oil cooler and the transmission oil cooler. I need to replace the gaskets/O-rings that seal the coolers to the inside of the radiator (preventing coolant from escaping from the radiator). I asked this question on CF and was advised the only way to correct my leaking o rings is to replace the entire unit. However after surfing the web, I see in the BMW community and the Porsche community this is a common part to replace. I would like to order a set of O-rings (GM does not have a part number), however I am not sure what the factory ones were made out of (ex.Viton or Teflon). Has anyone replaced a set of these and if so what should I use?

DG
Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few years ago I accidentally loosened those nuts on my 2004 Cadillac CTS.
I replaced the radiator. it was $200 something. When I looked closer, it looks like the coolers would have been installed and secured before the rad was assembled. It would be really difficult to replace those O rings from the outside.
I don't know what BMW you are referring to as most BMW rads have "best before" dates on them. The entire cooling system including rad is usually replaced by 100000 miles max anyway. (I have 5 of them) So repairing something on a rad is something I've never heard of anyone doing.

Quick Reply: Radiator O-Rings for EOC & TOC