Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

??? regarding exhaust and rear end

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? regarding exhaust and rear end

Don't know what to do about exhaust guys, any help or thoughts would be appreciated. I have a 408 and just put on 1 7/8 headers as I felt the 3/4 were probably choking me down. I have a fab 9 which is great cannot complain at all. However, the TA bracket that came with it will not allow 3" duals. Took the car to the muffler shop they said they would hook it up with true duals. I had mufflers and x pipe and wanted 3". BTW I have UMI panhard relocation kit as well. I knew that the torque arm bracket was going to be a pain and that 3" would not fit through it. I figured they would just crush it and make it work. What they did was run 2.5" duals all the way back with no x pipe. Not happy! The pipe was also crush bent so you might as well say 2" duals.
Is that exhaust sufficient? I was trying to gain a few ponies not waste my time and run the same.
Is there any kits anyone can suggest that isn't kooks? Another TA bracket and drive shaft safety loop perhaps?
Thanks for the help

Last edited by Fulyauto; 05-01-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Quick Reply: ??? regarding exhaust and rear end