Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Davis Unified Ignition LS coils

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 07:18 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Davis Unified Ignition LS coils

The folks at Davis Unified Ignition (Performance Distributors) has announced LS ignition coils claiming higher voltage output.

They've also announced a voltage booster that runs coils at 18V.

The coils look pretty GM to me, has anybody used any of these yet? Interesting how they also included a round truck coil which we all know has a higher output than the others to begin with.

Their official press release:

"Performance Distributors (Davis Unified Ignition) introduces the LS S.O.S.(Sultans Of Spark) ignition coils for LS applications! The new technology in these coils allow you to open up your plug gaps to .065”, burning your fuel more completely leading to more power and performance. These Davis Unified Ignition S.O.S. coils produce 28,000 volts under load, or your acceleration phase compared to the stock 21,000. That’s 7000 more volts under load per coil, which is a whopping 56,000 Volts more over a stock ignition per engine!"

Now, when each coil is 7KV over stock, it's an impressive spin of marketing double-talk to say "56,000 Volts more over a stock ignition per engine!"

BUT, I can't say if they work, last or suck. Let's see if anybody has ponied up the bucks to try them. Post up peoples!

Old 09-10-2013, 07:25 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

The MINI-VIP voltage booster sends 18 volts to four coils, two needed per engine.

Now THIS sounds like something that'll actually increase coil output! BUT, I question the longevity of any device designed to operate at peak performance with 13.5 volts being subjected to 18 volts. This should result in about 25% more current being drawn by the coil.

Quick Reply: Davis Unified Ignition LS coils