Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L92 questions or concerns.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L92 questions or concerns.

Hello, im a huge fan of ls1tech.com I read the forms all the time.

I have a question, or concern maybe. I recently purchased a 2007 sierra denali with the l92 6.2l. Great motor lost of power and a blast to drive! Aside from mpg I have no complaints haha. Howerver, my question is in relation to the way the power comes on in my truck and well really all ls engines. I bought my wife a 2008 lexus is 350 and that car is a screamer. Recently while driving it noticed that the little 300hp v6 in that car seems way more torque friendly early on? The car is completely stock. It just seems like you can give the car far less throttle input and get on the power curve really early? And yet the curve holds strong up to the red line at around 6000rpm. My sierra on the other hand feels like sucked out pig until you get into the throttle, and builds like a rockship once the "afterburner" kicks in around 3000+.

Any thoughts or advice? I've got exhaust on the truck (cat back), k&n cai intake, and hyperteh chip. I've been tossing around a hot cam and custom tune with headers. But I dont want to lose more mpg's lol.

Thanks everyone.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

" I've been tossing around a hot cam and custom tune with headers. But I dont want to lose more mpg's lol."

I doubt if you will loose any mpg with those mods. They will only make the motor more efficient. GM has the tunes on the rich side for warranty purposes. They can be leaned out some to gain power and mpg.

Quick Reply: L92 questions or concerns.