Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 ws6 Trans am with ls3 swap(in need of help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1999 ws6 Trans am with ls3 swap(in need of help!!!

Background:
1999 Trans am t56 6 speed with ls3 swap lingerfelter conversion box. Brand new everything except wiring harness (but everything worked great on my ls1)
After a hell of time trying get everything going right, this is where I'm stuck at.
Current problems:
Car starts normal most of the time whenever it acts up: the temp sensor stays at zero fans stay on and rpm guage get stuck or read inaccuratelyat now "I know it's an electrical problem" because whenever this happens the car idles roughly sounds like it's hissing and misfiring (forgot the code but whenever I reset it the hesitation/ idle problem goes away). I made sure my pcm plug/wires are all good (had a previous problem with injector #5 getting stuck open due to grounded injector pin on pcm)
Known visible problems: the mechanic never connected my ground metal braided wire that goes on the side of the block, passenger side o2 sensor wiring harness and starter were rubbing on long tube headers causing o2 throwing a code and causing huge surge hesitation and little misfire I put a heat sleeve over the wire but I still have to pull them out to make sure wires aren't melted together. I can use all the help and experienced opinions I can get thank you guys
Old 09-02-2016, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have electrical anomalies and a known lost ground for the engine. Get that ground strap bolted back on to the block. Sensors and everything else on the engine ground through the block which does not have a good ground path currently without that ground strap.

Quick Reply: 1999 ws6 Trans am with ls3 swap(in need of help!!!