Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to get to 500hp with an L92?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 08:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best way to get to 500hp with an L92?

I'm pulling the motor from the donor truck soon and considering having the long block overhauled at a local machine shop. If I do I'm thinking of swapping out the cam for something higher performance. The motor will likely go into the M37 project we're starting but MAY go into a C3/C4 vette.

Here is my question. Whats the most cost effective way to 500hp without a ton of machining? I've read online that Com cams has a cam kit that will do it but I'm wondering what specifically people will recommend and how close to a simple drop in is the installation?

Motor will go in front of a 6 speed either 6l80e or manual. Wouldn't mind a bit of a lumpy idle but the motor is gonna be a driver for the street so nothing thats hard to run.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default L-92 vvt ok

Hi, I would install a LS-3 intake, have the cam "reground" by Crower (my spec), fit larger fuel injectors, yellow springs, longer pushrods, VVT limiters (mine).

A re-tune would be required, stock EMS ?

Lance
Old 01-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pantera EFI
Hi, I would install a LS-3 intake, have the cam "reground" by Crower (my spec), fit larger fuel injectors, yellow springs, longer pushrods, VVT limiters (mine).

A re-tune would be required, stock EMS ?

Lance
Planing to use stock EMS.

Which injectors?

Approximately how much would the above cost less the intake? I'm in Canada to it might be better to have the cams reground here as trans border shipping is brutal.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Canada Shipping

OK, my wife's parents, parents, built (owned) the Canadian National RR.
I KNOW where the MOST beautiful women are from, Canada.

I would fit my Denso 450cc (42.lbs), they idle better than OEM.

So the costs, I ship USPS, stated value is how "duty" is TAXED.

I would like to call, just PM your Phone #.

Lance
Old 01-08-2017, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suprathepeg
Planing to use stock EMS.

Which injectors?

Approximately how much would the above cost less the intake? I'm in Canada to it might be better to have the cams reground here as trans border shipping is brutal.
If you live in Canada and need to buy something from abroad, check these guys Clearit.ca - excellent brokers, may be will be useful for you. They work very quickly, meanwhile the prices for their services are rather loyal.

Quick Reply: Best way to get to 500hp with an L92?