Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 into 01 WS6 keeping stock gauges

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L92 into 01 WS6 keeping stock gauges

Alright I'm starting this because I don't want to clutter up some else's build thread.

I'm trying to find some information on putting a L92 in a LS1 car and keeping the VVT as I am really fascinated with it and if I can keep it then great!

I know about the sticky at the top, but that is how to basically convert it to a LS3 and get rid of the VVT. I also know about Mast Motorsports but you can't keep the stock gauges with there computer and harness and plus I don't have and extra $3K plus to by there kit and all new gauges.

I think my best option is to use the E38 PCM with the L92 wiring harness, but am not sure how that is going to hook up to the LS1 gauges. I don't have the PCM or wiring harness yet so I can't look at it, all I have is the long block sitting in my garage.

If anyone has some information that would help me that would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll just convert it to a LS3 setup.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Launching!

Anyone have any insight on the situation... If not I'll probably convert it to a LS3 and keep the VVT until someone figures it out.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

First off its not really VVT. Its a cam phaser that advances and retards the cam at certain rpm and load. To keep this in your F-body you will need to some how make more space in your engine bay since you will have to use all the Escalade accesories. Your best bet is to convert the engine to LS3 acc. and tune the car on your existing computer. Just pick up the extension harness for the cam sensor and knock sensors.