Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

New Company Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Company Announcement

As some of you may know as of January 1st 2009 I have ended my association with Thunder Racing. I have decided to step out and form a new company called Engine Power Systems.

As the co-founder of Thunder Racing I developed the entire line of LSX camshafts that they sell today, including such notable cams as the TR224 and the TRex. I also have 11 years of tuning experience doing everything from LT1’s to the very latest GM offerings using the E38 and E67 ECM’s. I also have been heavily involved with the development of some of the important features that are available in EFI Live, such as the RoadRunner Emulator and Virtual VE for the E38 and E67 ECM’s.

My new business, Engine Power Systems, will be focused on engine development and tuning solutions. Right now, EPS is offering a new line of camshafts. Several of these cams incorporate a new lobe design that is much better than what is commonly used today in terms of stability, spring life, and the ability to turn RPM without floating the valves while having high acceleration rates that are needed to make good torque and horsepower while maintaining drivability. These lobes are exclusively available through EPS.

In the area of tuning, I have lots of experience doing drivability tuning on cars with large cams. My tunes are noted for making safe power, while being easy to drive. Lots of time is devoted to getting the entire tune correct and not just WOT. EPS also has a new Dynojet 224xLC chassis dyno, with eddy-current capability for doing drivability tuning. Also with my experience level, I am able to do mail-order tunes that will generally be very close, based on experience in tuning so many different combinations.

EPS has a Cam Pro Plus from Audie Technology to measure camshafts, and a PT-200 Valve Spring Tester from Power Technology for valvespring measurement.

EPS is also offering products from EFI Live, FAST, Innovate Motorsports, and Moates for the DIY or Professional Tuner as well as engine components from Comp, Trick Flow, Patriot, and more.

You can view the website at www.engpwrsys.com
Old 04-07-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck Geoff with the new business!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:37 PM
10 Second Club

Wow. I didn't know that. Are you still using Comp Cam for the lobes?
Old 04-07-2009, 11:33 PM
10 Second Club

Good luck on the business venture. I'm a big fan of Thunder Racing and I had a TR230/224 and loved that cam. Right now I have a "T-rex" size cam in my 383ci motor. I would like to get a cam more tailored for my setup next season. I my consult with you at the time for recommendations.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

good luck! i can vouch for Geoff"s cams a he helped my custom spec my old 231/237 cam and it was badass!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:41 AM
TECH Addict

My best wishes to you! I hope your company picks up in the world of LSx aftermarket.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

having previous succes with the trex, in multiple vehicles.
i will look for any further grinds that resemble it.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NemeSS
having previous succes with the trex, in multiple vehicles.
i will look for any further grinds that resemble it.
I already have something that will make similar peak numbers with better area under the curve...
Old 04-10-2009, 09:20 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats on jumping out on your own. Takes a lot of stones to do that in today's world. Hope nothing but the best for ya.