FI LSX 454 not very common ???? - LS1TECH

Log In 


Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FI LSX 454 not very common ????

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
AZ2ENVY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Energy Vortex's
Posts: 1,347
Default FI LSX 454 not very common ????

The more I look around I have never seen a Forced Induction
LSX 454 . Why is that ? Its probably a stupid question but I
havent looked into the LSX block specs and tolerances . I think
it would be badass to have a LSX 454 with a ATI F-1 strapped
on it
AZ2ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
PUNISHER TA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 1,647
Default

I may be a little off on the specs. but i think its not recommended to run over a 4.1 bore with FI

Walls get too thin
PUNISHER TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
10 Second Club
iTrader: (3)
 
barkingspud's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chi-Town Western Burbs
Posts: 318
Default

I would also suggest that you don't need big cubes with forced induction.
barkingspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
TECH Addict
iTrader: (24)
 
Haans249's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,042
Default

You can do FI on the 454, but it won't last long. Pistons would be too weak and you don't have much if any gaskets between the cylinders. The most I would run on FI is a 427 (4.125 bore/4 stroke). Anything over that and you're looking more at a race only setup (rebuilding your motor often).
Haans249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #5
Teching In
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1LT1 View Post
The more I look around I have never seen a Forced Induction
LSX 454 . Why is that ? Its probably a stupid question but I
havent looked into the LSX block specs and tolerances . I think
it would be badass to have a LSX 454 with a ATI F-1 strapped
on it
There are TT LSX iron 454ci's that make 1600hp and are designed for street use.

You just have to have big turbos or a really stupid loud, big supercharger to feed that many cubes. Not very street or daily driver friendly with the supercharger. But with twin turbos it can be pretty tame, considering the power it'll make.
All you need is a TT or T 408ci to make 1500hp with an LSX iron block.

There's also SBC 454 TT's that have been around for awhile. Thsoe suckers make 2,000+ hp in street cars.
spoolit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 607
Default

i want a 454 lsx.
s1ck s0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #7
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 10,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1ck s0n View Post
i want a 454 lsx.
I have an LSX block...and I was going to build a 454...only problem is the cylinders suck, they're too short. Yet another horrible design by the GM boys.

Best you can get and stay safe and reliable is a 4.185 bore x 4.1 stroke. For a 451ci. But I still don't like that 4.185 bore.

If they made the cylinders longer it would have been nice to do a 4.125 bore x 4.250 stroke. 454ci.

I;d hate to go more than 4.155 on the bore to start with.

A relseeved LS2 is the way to go. Or settle for a 434ci LSX iron with a 4.155 bore x 4" stroke. I plan to hit it with a 300 shot.


.
LS6427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:33 AM   #8
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 607
Default

i want a 451 lsx.
s1ck s0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:46 AM   #9
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
conan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 7,000ft
Posts: 6,277
Default

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced...arger-f1c.html
conan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:51 AM   #10
Staging Lane
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 76
Default

something like a sbc 427 sounds completely bad *** to me. If I had the funds, I would love to build one of these engines! wow. Even an ole sbc 400 always sounds nice under the hood of an fbody.
ToBiN! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #11
8 Second Club
iTrader: (40)
 
veee8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Raleigh,North Carolina
Posts: 1,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6427 View Post
I have an LSX block...and I was going to build a 454...only problem is the cylinders suck, they're too short. Yet another horrible design by the GM boys.

Best you can get and stay safe and reliable is a 4.185 bore x 4.1 stroke. For a 451ci. But I still don't like that 4.185 bore.

If they made the cylinders longer it would have been nice to do a 4.125 bore x 4.250 stroke. 454ci.

I;d hate to go more than 4.155 on the bore to start with.

A relseeved LS2 is the way to go. Or settle for a 434ci LSX iron with a 4.155 bore x 4" stroke. I plan to hit it with a 300 shot.


.
They make a tall deck lsx block so you can run a real long stroke.
veee8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #12
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (33)
 
383lt1impala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SURCAL909
Posts: 1,647
Default

Why not put a gear driven f3.
383lt1impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
TECH Resident
iTrader: (7)
 
The1N_only's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Belton, Texas
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan View Post
Thats gonna be one heck of a setup
The1N_only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #14
Banned
iTrader: (115)
 
99blancoSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ST Helens, OR
Posts: 9,894
Default

Haans249 is right, how long do you want it to last?

We dont go beyond a 4.155 bore and 4" stroke with the LSX block for a reason when doing FI or heavy N2o use. There are other options out the like an ERL superdeck, but as far as the bowtie LSX block goes the cylinder length is the key to what Haans is saying.
99blancoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:40 AM   #15
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 10,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
They make a tall deck lsx block so you can run a real long stroke.
Is it available?

Who sells them?

How much are they?
LS6427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #16
TECH Resident
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: troy, IL
Posts: 933
Default

this guy has a 454 with a 106mm turbo i think he has a name on here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNtCH...eature=related
nastychevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #17
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bay area, ca.
Posts: 1,205
Default

You just need a tall deck LSX. NRE makes a TT 454 that does 2500hp. on high boost.
jermzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 AM   #18
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bay area, ca.
Posts: 1,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99blancoSS View Post
Haans249 is right, how long do you want it to last?

We dont go beyond a 4.155 bore and 4" stroke with the LSX block for a reason when doing FI or heavy N2o use. There are other options out the like an ERL superdeck, but as far as the bowtie LSX block goes the cylinder length is the key to what Haans is saying.
LME has several LSX 454s out there running huge shots, and Bryan says there's nothing wrong with doing it. I plan on hitting mine with 300 soon enough. I know of a couple on this forum who do it already with success. And I'm talking about motors with 2 years or more of runtime.
jermzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #19
Banned
iTrader: (115)
 
99blancoSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ST Helens, OR
Posts: 9,894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermzz View Post
LME has several LSX 454s out there running huge shots, and Bryan says there's nothing wrong with doing it. I plan on hitting mine with 300 soon enough. I know of a couple on this forum who do it already with success. And I'm talking about motors with 2 years or more of runtime.
I'm not going to argue about this, in fact I'll just drop it right here because your are very misinformed.
99blancoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:53 AM   #20
TECH Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
99LS6SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 478
Default

ERL has a FI short block with around 480 cubes or something. But it's an expensive block.
http://erlperformance.com/images/sto...talogFINAL.pdf
99LS6SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
454 LSX forced induction mohd2116 Forced Induction 15 03-26-2015 10:37 AM
What upgrades for crate LSX454? crewelz Generation IV Internal Engine 3 05-05-2014 06:53 AM
Lsx 454 Ryan2011ss Gen 5 Racing Tech 16 10-02-2013 01:00 PM
Best company for LSX 454? FCar2000TA Generation IV Internal Engine 26 04-21-2012 09:49 AM
lsx 454 DASHTI Generation IV Internal Engine 8 06-20-2008 12:03 PM


Tags
4250, 454, block, boost, deck, heads, l92, lsx, lsx454, price, short, stroke, thin, trans, wf1, ws6

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.